• HURRAY!! I can't wait to see pics!! 🙂

• WONDERFUL!
    I am so very happy to have been a small help with this.
    Win..win…
    Hugs dear...

• Basenjibythebay … Sorry i didn't see this post 😞 I just moved to Elpaso 2 weeks ago I would have loved to help u Not sure how well my dogs would have took to it being a new place and then having another dog around . I'm sure my whippet would have been thinking grr this woman brings us to a whole new place and now gets another one of those won't leave me alone always wants to snuggle with me dogs ?? lol lol I would have tried to help somehow if i new 😞 But i am happy for u that u got to spring him... bet u cant wait till next week 🙂

• Awwww, what a great story of people coming together to help Donko.

• YAY….oh that is a great outcome for the little man. 🙂

• @phoenix3:

Basenjibythebay … Sorry i didn't see this post 😞 I just moved to Elpaso 2 weeks ago I would have loved to help u Not sure how well my dogs would have took to it being a new place and then having another dog around . I'm sure my whippet would have been thinking grr this woman brings us to a whole new place and now gets another one of those won't leave me alone always wants to snuggle with me dogs ?? lol lol I would have tried to help somehow if i new 😞 But i am happy for u that u got to spring him... bet u cant wait till next week 🙂

LOL poor whippet LOL That may have been tough in a new home, but thanks! I was getting pretty frantic right before things came together, but the miracle of rescue hearts saved the day. 😃 Just makes me sad for all the pups that don't get saved. I guess it's getting worse and worse out there.

Can't wait to get there and pick him up. I'm trying to decide whether I should take Fiji with me, or if it would be better to pick him up and have some one on one time with him on the way back. Any rescue-savvy folks, or folks with 2 b's, have opinions?

• For the last 2 dogs (one at a time) I've gotten, I put the dogs I have in their crates and the new dog in her crate. By the time I got home, everyone was used to how everyone smelled. If you don't have crates, I'd probably suggest something different.

• I think your suggestion agilebasenji is perfect!

• Thanks for the input, Agile. Fiji will use a crate, but I have heard that Donko is not happy being crated when his foster mom leaves home. Hoping he might do better being crated in the car where I can talk to him. Still thinking through 2 b's on that long a drive. I had also thought about taking a blanket of Fiji's with me, though that wouldn't let her get to know his smell in advance.

His foster mom also shared this, as we get to know him better:"The shelter knows his name was Donko because they found his original owners through his microchip. Apparently they no longer wanted him and decided to drop him off in the middle of the desert."

:mad: Who drops their dog off in the middle of the desert?!?!?

• It would be nice if they were charged with animal abuse.
    Those folks deserve to have bad things happen to them.
    I can only imagine what could have happened to Donko, had he not been found.
    SIGH!

Suggested Topics