It can happen in the blink of an eye….

• @mahendra_suri:

Any PT is hell and painfull. Tucker may not enjoy PT and you might be revolted at the pain he goes through. Just hold his paw. Your bond will be so much stronger!

I think any pain involved with physical therapy depends on the type of injury and the PT program prescribed/needed. Max's PT was never painful. It could be tiring for him. But the clinic he went to was run by a dr who did a very thorough evaluation of him, and the physical therapist was fantastic. It did help him tremendously. But he didn't have a terrible injury or anything. His nerves were just not working as well due to old age and minor back trouble.

• I'm so sorry to read about Tucker's injury. It is good news that he is on the road to recovery though.

• sorry for the lack of updates… Tucker is 95% back to normal! He's running, jumping, playing, trying to climb trees after the squirrels, etc...

his brain is fine too - he even remembers all his commands (even a few I normally don't use!).

We've done our own PT at home, walking in the yard, on hills, slowly building up to longer walks on the road, walking on uneven surfaces (couch cushions!), and Tucker has done it all, with no problems. If anything, we had to keep him from doing too much.

he has moments here and there where he's not all that "gracefull", and I don't think he'll be on an agility course anytime in the near future, but I consider his recovery a miracle - he can run, jump, play, walk and enjoy life. He very well may need some special attention when older (massage, therapy, etc) but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Tucker and I would like to thank you all, for the kind words, support, advice, and suggestions offered.

• So glad he is homing and doing better, he looks happy in that pic

• I'm so glad to hear Tucker is doing so well. And he is lucky to have such a devoted mom.

• Oh Jessi so good to hear Tucker is doing well. Lots of happy happy thoughts for all of you.

BTW-I was in your nabe last weekend. We left the pooches at Gemini & they did great while we were away. So relieved 😃 😃 thanks again for your help!

• Love the pictures…he is a cutie. Glad to know he's doing well, he's got a great mommy!

Suggested Topics