• Hello from Azle, Texas USA! I have a new baby in the family named MAX. Had 2 basenjis over 8 years ago and very very unfortunate circumstances that forced us to rehome them through BRAT. In spite of being a "hypoallergenic" dog - my human son showed severe allergic reactions that put him in the hospital 2ce. He was treated daily for over 2 years after this. We have no idea to this day exactly what it really was but he has been proven clear of animal allergies.

We are very grateful to have this new addition. I have waited a long time to get him and love him already. He is very smart and paper trained with treated pads in less than 20 hours. (WOW!) I am uncertain about much of his background but he is in good hands here. We bought him from a breeder near Houston and have had him for 5 days now.

• PHotos please!

• Houston

Welcome from us in Houston..
    Sharron is right…pictures please..

I am sorry to here about your son's allergies, I am glad you are able to have Max in your lives now though..he sounds adorable..

• Congratulations on your new baby - he will be a wonderful addition to your famiy - please send pics asap!

• Being "hypoallergenic" is one of the biggest incorrect advertising of this breed… while they are usually good with people with allergies, they are by no means hypoallergenic...

Good luck with your pup... curious about your statement about not knowing much on his background? Didn't the breeder give you all that?

• So happy to hear that you have a new four legged son. Sounds like Max is happy and perfect. Wish you the best.

Rita Jean

• Welcome to the forum

• Welcome to the forum! Congrats with your new baby!

Suggested Topics