Skip to content

New Puppy Name

Basenji Puppy Pen

Suggested Topics

  • New puppy owner Questions

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    31k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @basenji_life The vet can manipulate to see if something severe is wrong, but hips xrays need to wait til 6 mos (OFA) or (I think.. too tired to look) 4 mos.. oh heck I have to look.. "The PennHIP method can be reliably performed on a dog as young as 16 weeks old."
  • New Puppy Advice

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    30k Views
    S
    @creambasenji said in New Puppy Advice: She's 9 months and 8.5 pounds. Doesn't seem she will be getting any bigger This must be a typo. 9 months or 9 weeks? At any rate, I'd love to see a picture of a cream Basenji, toy or not.
  • Thinking of puppy names

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    36
    0 Votes
    36 Posts
    28k Views
    krunzerK
    Galactic TRI-fecta kennel name – Big Bang NeuTRIno
  • New puppy owner help please

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    The Whole Dog Journal just published their list of Approved Dry Foods. You have subscribe to get the article but they are a great resource and definately worth the subscription price. http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/
  • New puppy with 9 month old

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    10k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    When I first got Sugar, then Damisi, the neck biting was allowed to be a bit rough until about six, seven months old, the Shadow put them in their place. I've found they generally work it out and if it gets too rough, someone will retaliate, but without really hurting the other.
  • Oba needs a new name

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    23k Views
    renaultf1R
    Good luck to you…I really mean that. :) One more thought on this... The most important people in my life are not just "yes men"...they can see when my judgment is clouded by emotion. We might not like what people have to say, but if you step back and look at comments objectively, you'll see that they are meant to help and to give a reality check. The senior members on this forum have HUGE EXPERIENCE...they have great advice, even if it hasn't always been what I've wanted to hear. Please...please...read lvoss' post and then read it again. To me, that is the clearest explanation as to what the danger is by rushing in.