Looking for female red and white Basenji with full breeding rights.

• Hey Scott,
    nice to hear from you on the forum 🙂
    Which Pup or Pups have you decided to keep?

• Hi Shelly - tri dog and tri bitch being kept - mind you with 7 tris and only 2 reds there wasnt much option..I will put some more pictures on my Facebook profile of the pups, you can see them there.

• Great stuff Scott, can't wait to see them 🙂

• It always becomes a personal choice, using a DNA tested possible Affected. And someone that feels comfortable using a bitch, certainly that is their choice. But for me, I would not do it, I just could not bring myself to take that chance. But that is my choice. The important thing is that she was tested and you know what the outcome was… so you knew to go to a clear...

• Scott - that was your choice and I respect your decision but personally I would never have bred from a possibly affected bitch at any stage. .

I'm delighted to hear that the pups are doing so well - I keep wondering as I hadn't heard on the grapevine. Could we have some pictures, please, please!!!!

• I am also delighted the girl is ok.
    I know we need to keep all the dogs in the breeding "pool"…quality lines that is.
    It just seems it could be so hard on the mom... glad your girl is ok.
    Are you going to share the puppies photos??

• I am glad she has been healthy and you found a boy that complemented her.

Until others are in the position of having little to work with… they really couldn't give a true answer of what they would do in your situations.

Some of us had to go through hell and highwater to get to where we are today....

As for breeding an affected.... never say never.

Have fun with those pups!

• Thanks everyone for your answers…

I did think it was probably due to the possible effects of the pregnancy on the affected bitch, but I was just wondering if there was anything more, that Tanza was meaning, if that makes any sense :).

• @saba:

Thanks everyone for your answers…

I did think it was probably due to the possible effects of the pregnancy on the affected bitch, but I was just wondering if there was anything more, that Tanza was meaning, if that makes any sense :).

Nope, saba…. no other meaning. And again, that is my choice not to want to breed a possible affected bitch. That said, Kathy and Elscodobermann bring up points that present another side of a situation. I don't think there is really a right or wrong in this situation, but has to be left up to the responsible breeder to do what they feel is best. It just comes down to personal decision (of course provided that we are only talking about Affected to Clear breedings)

• Everyone needs to be careful not to get taken in by Topdog Kennels. She has over 100 dogs of more than one breed. She does alot of false advertising and will sell pups under false pretences. I have had personal experience with them as well and want to warn all whom have dogs of any breed do not buy or sell Tammi Winkley or her family a dog. 😞

She has several kennel names such as Topdog Bloodhounds,Winkley Black n Tans, Redfern Redbones, and the one for Basenjis. Pass this on.

Suggested Topics