1 1/2 YO Tri Color Basenji Female needs a home in Oklahoma

• Great news thanks for picture pretty girl happy going well. I agree that breeder needs to pay for food, care, time. The dog maybe so better off being with BRAT then going back to that breeder so sad.
    Thanks to all of you out there that have over years had to take one of your babies back for what ever reason.

Rita Jean

• Great story and ending. Thanks for all your good detective work and rescue efforts.

• Thank God for the forum!

• Thanks so much for the photos and update.
    It brought a smile to my face…
    Hugs for fostering...

• well yes tri's are very "tri"ing and she is a very active and "busy" basenji.

It was a good thing to get her out of the home because she just needs to be placed in a home that has basenji experience.

She's just fine with the cat, curious but not bothering her; but my cat takes no basenji BS. I put all the other dogs out and put them face to face and she sniffed the cat, cat sniffed her and basenji walked away. She did give small chase when cat was walking across the living room, however cat stood her ground and bopped her in the head (no claws just a good thud) scared the daylights out of her. As a reactive dog she did nothing but run off so this is a good sign.

• Your great for taking her and giving her a home and the love she needs. What a good girl to leave the cat alone. Great all is going so well keep us all up to date please. Sounds like she is really a sweetheart.

Rita Jean

• Just an Update. After some extensive traveling, the 2 1/2 year old Oklahoma Tri Basenji Female, has made it her foster home in IL. She did travel very nicely in her crate and appears to have a very sweet temperament, will sit for pets, and rubs on your legs. She appeared extremely thin but we put on some better quality food and now is eating very well. Miranda and I hope that she is able to put on some much needed weight.

This morning when I let out Roo he Barooed and then she attempted to Baroo in return when she saw me. Then I took them both for a 3 mile walk in the park which she appeared to enjoy. I thought it was a good idea to do this to help relax her after all the traveling she has done in the past couple of days. I also thought it would help her with the transition to her foster family.

If you love animals, and especially if you have a soft spot in your heart for Basenji's, its very difficult to see a Basenji or any other dog for that matter in a harmful situation where their health,safety. and welfare are a concern. We are glad that so many were willing to step up and help this Tri girl out. At least for now this dog is safe and will now have an opportunity to have a better life full of love and attention.

I would have kept her but I cannot keep them all!

Jason

• Wonderful update Jason. Glad she traveled well for you and the transition over the foster family went well. I am just so happy that everything went smoothly and with out hick-ups. She really is a sweet little girl with just some little quirks.

• Houston

Great update, Thanks to you and all involved, this girl has a future..

• Rescue couldn't do what we do, without folks like Jason to help.
    If you have any time you could donate to BRAT or any rescue group, we could sure use you.
    Transport, home visits, even something like letting folks who have not owned basenjis, come to your home to see yours…
    Just a suggestion.

• Jason thank you for update and we all know for sure she is in good hands. So happy for this little tri. Thanks again.

Rita Jean

• It's so good to see the dog get a great home. I wish there was a way to stop the "flippers" as there is no concern for the dog in most situations. I don't think there is anything illegal about it, but it is sure morally and ethically wrong to try and make money on this type of situation.

For the Basenji forums knowledge, I own 4 dogs and a cat. Three of my dogs and the cat are rescued animals. Please keep up the great work in assisting the BRAT and any other rescue you are able to assist.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Thank you right back at ya scamstopper.

Jason, wonderful news. Keep us posted.

• Good Gracious! I read through all of these posts. My stomach was twisting around inside me thinking how awful it must have been for "Allie" and the other dogs subjected to this…er...person.
    Great work, all of you. It was through group discussion, a little investigation and some tenacity that you ALL were able to rescue this beautiful little girl. Kudos to you all.

Cheers

• Just a secondary thought…
    Since this breeder is within the radar of BRAT, how about getting BCOA and AKC in on it? I'm sure they both would frown on such activity and lean on this "kennel" to clean up their act, yeah? This almost borders on puppy-milling, in my opinion.
    This sort of (human) behavior is one of the reasons I am a proponent of spaying and neutering. That is, of course, unless someone is running a reputable and caring kennel.

(Grrrrr...not so cheerful)

• The tri female from OK was delivered to her permanent home this last Thursday. Her new owner was pacing in his driveway waiting for us to arrive. When we got into his house and saw a full-size bag of Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream formula (probably enough to last this dog a month or more) and a chair full of toys, leashes and treats, we knew she hit the owner jackpot.

He just called to give Jason an update on how they are doing. We gave him our number in case there was any problem or if he needed any advice. He was just over the moon about Bella. He said she's just perfect, listens to everything he says, is friendly when meeting his friends (and the dog he met at the Halloween party this weekend at his friend's house) and that the only thing she has done wrong was chew on his cell phone. He quickly went on to report that was due for a new one anyway and it still works, so….

Does he sound like a true Basenji owner or what?

I told Jason to tell him we want pics. He wants to meet up with Jason in a couple weeks so Jason can takes some pics of him and Bella together. He wants one for his Christmas cards.

She looked great when we got her from the fosters. She had gained weight and the rash on her chest was gone, and the fur filled in just fine. I am sure that she is looking just fine and happy right now, curled up on the couch with her new owner!

Miranda and Jason

• Houston

Good to hear that Bella got a new chance on a good life..it does sound like she hit the owner mortherload..
    Yes pictures are always nice..

• I just got an email about this too, I am just as excited!! So happy that she is doing so well, she was such a sweet girl.

• @basenji_fan:

I just got an email about this too, I am just as excited!! So happy that she is doing so well, she was such a sweet girl.

This all started with you, Maya. It would not have been possible without what you did. You made one man and one dog very happy with the work you set in motion.

Miranda and Jason

• Oh, you all did good re helping this b find her forever home.
    It does take a village.
    Hugs to you all.

Suggested Topics