• @joeliz@wf.net:

No we got her from Basenji Rescue and I contacted them but they have not contacted me back. We've had her seven months.

You signed a contract with BRAT that says if you can't keep her you have to give the dog back, correct?

• I don't remember that but that's what I would like to do. I wish they would contact me so I could give her back. Is that their usual custom?

• @joeliz@wf.net:

I don't remember that but that's what I would like to do. I wish they would contact me so I could give her back. Is that their usual custom?

I just adopted from a Basenji Rescue here in CA and yes I had to sign a contract. What's the person's name? Maybe the rescue lady here in CA can help. Don't you have papers that you signed?

• Just curious? Why did you get her in the first place? Did you not know 7 months ago that you wanted to travel?

• Brat will take back any dog they rehome.
    If you give me your information, I will share it with those folks in Tx who need to know.
    you can do it privately, if you wish.
    I am at brescue@wavecable.com
    I am one of BRAT's workers, and would be happy to help you, if you have not heard back from BRAT.

• I am so sad that Lucy has to be rehomed. Seven months such a short time. I hope BRAT gets her back and to her forever home. My herat goes to Lucy.

Rita Jean

• Have you heard back from BRAT yet? Please let me or Sharron know and we will try to help you out. How quickly do you need to place her?

• BRAT is here to help any basenji in need.

• Houston

I am also in contact with my Texas Brat assoc. to see if we can move this along..
    Hang tight, we will get BRAT in contact with you regarding Lucy. By the way, the contract you signed when you adopted her states that you are obligated to let BRAT know if you no longer can keep her, thanks for contacting them..

• I am the Texas District Coordinator for BRAT. I have been trying for several days to contact you regarding Lucy, but a filter is blocking my email address. Due to long work hours and various other commitments, telephone communication is difficult at this time. Please email me at crazybasenjilady@yahoo.com to discuss. We have a volunteer lined up to retrieve Lucy from your home at your earliest convenience.

Cynthia Castro
    BRAT Volunteer
    Texas District Coordinator
    Portland, TX

Suggested Topics