Skip to content

Zest's agility debut

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • This Weekend's Coursing

    Basenji Training
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    KipawaK
    :) Watching basenjis coursing really makes me smile. They truly love it. Congrats on the results. Darn those plastic bags! I remember last summer Kevin and Therese had to have a significant number of replacement bags on hand.
  • Zest's new title

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    @DebraDownSouth: Okay that is pretty funny! Glad the judge passed her. Hey, perhaps the judge appreciated the intelligence to go check something out then resume business? Thanks everyone. She had really lovely runs all weekend (except Sunday's Std run) and I'm so very, very proud of her. She went through a fear(?) period on courses towards the beginning of the year, so she's come a long way. And, DDS, no, agility judges do not appreciate creativity on course. If you don't believe me, ask Jet the trying. :D Of course I always thought maybe the judge watching Jet would think "Gosh, that really is a nicer course."
  • He's got it…

    Basenji Training
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    soulmateS
    Actually I have bought the muzzles in Austria at that shop: http://www.sofahund.at And yes, the dogs can open their mouths while running. This is the reason why I searched to find these muzzles. They also have the plastic-coated wire muzzles with the wire across the head. Regards, Esther
  • Piper's First Trial

    Basenji Training
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Congrats to both of you!
  • By George…I Think She's Got It

    Basenji Training
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    VanessaV
    Lets hope that's not the case but you never know with a Tri :) I'll have a camera in one hand and a video recorder in the other just to make sure we capture everything. LOL
  • B's toys and kids

    Basenji Training
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    lvossL
    If your dog doesn't like being crated then maybe creating a "safe place" for when kids visit that the dog can be where it can have some time away from the kids.