• @Nemo:

LOL.. Still don't know what she was scared of.

I wonder sometimes if they "see" things in their imagination and get freaked out by them. Even when we're walking, suddenly Shaye will stop dead, stare at nothing I can see, and refuse to go toward it - especially at night. She's always been a little nervous about the dark outside, but sometimes it's like monsters are everywhere to see her little face!:D So far she hasn't started barking out there, but I can see it coming.

• To get back to the original problem - perhaps you need to work with her to self-calm. Everytime she acts calmly (even if simply laying down) give her a treat, eventually this will work at the door as well, but it takes time and effort.

• @Shaye's:

I wonder sometimes if they "see" things in their imagination and get freaked out by them. Even when we're walking, suddenly Shaye will stop dead, stare at nothing I can see, and refuse to go toward it - especially at night. She's always been a little nervous about the dark outside, but sometimes it's like monsters are everywhere to see her little face!:D So far she hasn't started barking out there, but I can see it coming.

Hah, glad I'm not the only one.

• Gossy does this too - we'll be walking and suddenly the "breaks are smoking" and she insists on turning around and going back. 😃

Suggested Topics