Skip to content

Hi! Long time basenji owner from Washington

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hello from new member and first time basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    Congrats on your puppy…. has he (or his sire/dam) been health tested for Fanconi and PRA with the DNA test? Very important this if this has not been done for his Sire/Dam that you have your boy tested. And even if they have been tested, never hurts to follow up with having him done also.
  • Basenji Owner in Florida

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    Chealsie508C
    I own one of those little ratbags..lmao But I wouldn't give him up for the world..nearing three years and I'm still waiting for the "let up" Lol
  • 1rst time Basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    Have you spoken to her breeder?
  • Challenged basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    10k Views
    dmeyD
    Welcome to the forum! My Ayo is 9 months old today, and trust me it gets better everyday, it's been amazing having him. Have had about four or five really frustrating days but now I really feel we both got the hang of it. we are actually training for our first show here In a couple of weeks
  • New Basenji Owner!

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    hdterryH
    What a beautiful baby…welcome to the forum...Bs are such GREAT dogs, so entertaining and SMART!!
  • Could be a Basenji owner?

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Hello and welcome. Maggie looks basenji to me too. I agree with what someone else wrote about the "deer legs." She is gorgeous and very lucky to have you in her life.