Water - Do they like or not?

• Too cute for words!

• Mine hate water and avoid puddles at all costs, they look at you as if you are insane if you go out in the rain, we have a large assortment of coats, summer rain coats, padded winter rain coats with the flap that goes under the body, knitted coats (knitted by me) crochet coats (knitted by Sally),we even have a coat that you soak in water and put on them to keep them cool in the summer, never been used yet though!

Vicki I love the burberry coat, I bet they don't mind being chavvy if they are warm and dry!!

• lol. i can't stop chuckling! hahaha

• Lio , Thirza and Kalusha only go deep into the water to hunt those little black waterbirds ( coots ?? ) sometimes when it is very hot they cool down by walking into the water but not further then their belly. Funny is that since thirza and kalusha are spayed they go more often into the water LOL
    Jenson loves to swim, he fetches sticks out of the water or goes swimming by himself hahaha
    when it is raining very hard they dont want to go outside, they even dont get off the couch when I tell them we go for a walk hahaha when we are in the forest and it starts to rain softly they cant be bothered though 🙂

• Victoria,
    Once again, a fabulous set of photo's!

If the rain falls as heavy as it has done during these last few days onto those coats, I should imagine there is an almighty racket! It must be quite noisy, it certainly is on my coat in those kind of conditions.

How did they take to the coats when you first tried them on them?

Thanks

Alan

• The most noise the coats make is the lovely swishy noise when they walk. 🙂
    When I first put the dogs in their coats I don't take any nonsense! But as you can tell from my pics, they are used to being dressed up from an early age!! HAHA!!

The funniest thing about the coats is when the Bs are just getting used to them, they forgot to bend their knees!!! HAHA 😃

• Where did you find those coats? I don't think I could get Gossy into one - she hates having coats even in winter. She doesn't seem to mind the rain too much unless its more than a drizzle.

• 3 of the 4 coats came from a company called Country Mun. www.countrymun.com They were expensive ?38 each.

1 I bought at a stall at a show but can't remember who.

The chavvy Burberry one was bought on Ebay.

Equafleece is a great supplier of coats. I have all different designs and colours from them.

• @Benkura:

The chavvy Burberry one was bought on Ebay.

The chav thing kills me…especially thinking of a basenji as a chav...funny, but somehow fitting! 😃

• Paxton hates the water. He dreads going out in the rain. However, when we go to the park and the local labs are playing in the left over puddles, he has the time of his life in the water. He just loves it!

We also fostered 2 other basenjis whom never seemed to mind the rain. The most recent was kept as an outside dog before the original family gave him up. That might have had something to do with it. It didn't matter if it was hot and dry, or pouring down rain turn to snow, he was just as happy to trot around outside.

Suggested Topics