• …and getting caught in the rain, then you're not a Basenji. 🙂

Against our better judgement, the wife and I decided to take She-Ra on a quick walk in her favorite park. There were clouds on the horizon, but we live in a weird part of the desert where you can see the clouds from a distance and watch them completely skirt your entire community. It's fun to watch the lightning and a cool night in Arizona is something you take advantage of when it happens.

Naturally the storm hit big time JUST as we got to the shelter area. I mean this rain was POUNDING on the roof and we hid in the men's bathroom for the worst of it, which was fun for the dog because there's all kind of stuff to check out in there. :rolleyes:

Finally it got to the point where it was just showering...so we stepped out to get a look at it. I think it was the first time she'd really seen that much water pouring down and been out IN it. The look on her face was a cross between "Wow, this is neat!" and "Daddy, make it stop now."

The real fun was running back to the car through the rain at the low point in the rain. We got home just in time for the next gullywasher. We watched that one from the safety of the patio. She-Ra actually went out to check it out up close...so we may have a water-dog on our hands if we're not careful.
    🙂

• What part of AZ? We visit in late Feb to early march in Tucson. I've been to tucson when the monsoons hit in july/august so I'm quite familair with Az rain storms.

Suggested Topics