Skip to content

My Dogs - Sadly No Basenji`s As Yet

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Is my dog a Basenji mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    Very cute, but I don't see Basenji..... but could be very hard to tell sometimes with a mix
  • Is this dog part Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    Another possibility might be Rat Terrier. They do come in brindle, although that colour is out of favour. There is one in my neighbourhood that has a bit of a Basenji look to him, and his tail is very short.......not sure if it's natural or docked.
  • Adopted Very Basenji-looking dog from Africa!

    Show Off Your Dog
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    19k Views
    A
    Thank you all for your kind words! It almost brings me to tears of joy right now to see her laying in the grass by the pool on a beautiful sunny day in California and knowing that shes gonna be OK. Of course I wish I could have done more for more dogs in her village (I DID help bring 2 of her puppies to the US though, they have arrived safely in Colorado today!) Segbwema, I know what you mean about the dogs having to fend for themselves… The village where I lived for 8 months didn't have any running water or electricity... so it definitely put things in perspective! Right now Laliti and I are BOTH feeling like we've won the lottery : ) Patty, yeah I hope Laliti doesnt take the word "mutt" the wrong way : ) I think I'd pin her to look a lot like a Basenji/Black lab mix.... (obviously shes not mixed with any lab, but just for the sake of describing her appearance) because she has a diluted Basenji appearance with a larger body and a thicker coat like a black lab....
  • Is my dog a Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    YodelMaY
    What a pretty girl! Her head/ears/face & wrinkles are Basenji-looking while her coloring & build suggest some Malanois blood–that would account for her size & aloofness, too. Our local SPCA does genetic testing as a fund-raising thing, if you're really curious you could try something like that...
  • What's up with non-Basenji posts?

    Show Off Your Dog
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    SchouiffyS
    it's just spammers. if you see one you are supposed to flag it as spam so the moderators can deal with it. it's that exclamation point in the corner
  • Basenji's Galore

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    myieM
    I'll ask her. She's out of town for two weeks so it could be awhile before I find out. =(