Macy's Fanconi results came in today. I took a deep breath before opening the envelope and prepared myself for the worst; however, she's Probably Clear/Normal! We're ecstatic and she's now chewing on a "victory" pig's ear :)
I assume you mean for next winter's litters ? Nothing available at all right now - all this winter's crop will have been promised long since and be leaving the nest soon if they aren't already resettled.
However, if you email me (see signature block - email addresses are on the websites) I will send you a list of Breed Club secretaries.
@debbie said in reputable breeder?:
@tanza yes my mistake it was tested with OKC I got papers to prove it.. she was born with the disease
Are you referring to OFA? If so then I would wonder if the pup's sire/dam were not the real sire/dam of the pup you got? Only if they are Afflicted with the Fanconi gene (the pup) would they develop Fanconi? Did the paperwork from OFA say "clear"?
@cheryl-goodman - Have you talked to your girl's breeder? Have you completed all health testing and recorded it with www.offa.org as public record, especially DNA testing for Fanconi and PRA? Have you done any showing or performance events with your girl?
@Rob5098
I don't in your area. Like Pat suggested, you can go here:
https://www.basenji.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=111&Itemid=94
Check NY and NJ and any other state close enough for a drive.
@Lauma:
Do you have any information on Itzyu Basenjis in VA? My mother and brother are adopting a "Golden Opportunity" dog from them next month.
Can't go wrong with a Basenji from Itzyu Basenjis…. my opinion is go for it..... and they will get a great "golden opportunity" dog from them!
AWW MAN! lol i wish I could have a basenji play date! lol Anyone know of anyone in Mitchell, SD? Would love to have a Basenji play date with anyone living here, or even passing through with their B's. :)