I think our Basenji is addicted to watching Animal Planet!

• I do not know about your other Basenji owner's dogs, but mine seems to watch TV quite a bit. So I started to put on Animal Planet just to see what his reaction would be. When I do this Roo will sit down, perk up his ears, and stare intently at the TV. Roo even barks back at some of the other animals and dogs that he sees and hears.

And yes, our Basenji barks! Of course he cannot do it for a long time but I have read where Basenji's have been known to mimic other animals. Roo Baroo's as well but not at the television.

I have never owned a dog that was as interested in Television as Roo is. We find it kind of funny to watch him when he paces back and forth when they bring out the dogs that do tricks in order to win on a show that is regularly aired. I think one of his favorite shows is from underdog to wonderdog. Another is called It's Me or the Dog!

Jason

• yeah Riley was waaaaay into Westminster. When it was on you had to decide whether it was more entertaining to watch the show or watch Riley watching the show.

• Thats hilarious!

I remember my 3 month old Rocky staring at the TV this one time like he was watching it, I thought he was looking at something else but maybe he was interested in whatever I was watching.

• Oh yeah - Gossy loves watching animal planet - she kept her eyes glued to the TV when the Eukanuba and Westminster dog shows were on (she'll also watch the reflection in the glass door on the cabinet across the room). She also makes noises (not really growls) when black dogs appear (can't figure that one out). When I have to leave in the evening for a meeting or whatever, I make sure and leave that station on the TV for her (it seems to help keep her occupied).

• This is funny! My dog Tosca could care less about animal shows, but she does this when I play rockband on Xbox. Usually if I am ignoring her (on the computer, phone, playing a video game, etc) she acts up and gets into trouble, but not when I play rockband. As soon as I start playing she jumps right into my lap and watches me play. I guess I must just be that awesome of a guitar player 😛
    Even though she does not watch tv, i do notice she is usually calmer and willing to sit whenever it is on, though. If i am sitting in the room with it off, she will act out for sure. Funny dogs 🙂

• @mauigirl:

Yeah Riley was waaaaay into Westminster. When it was on you had to decide whether it was more entertaining to watch the show or watch Riley watching the show.

That's funny… same here, LOL!!!:D

• @Jylly18:

This is funny! My dog Tosca could care less about animal shows, but she does this when I play rockband on Xbox. Usually if I am ignoring her (on the computer, phone, playing a video game, etc) she acts up and gets into trouble, but not when I play rockband. As soon as I start playing she jumps right into my lap and watches me play. I guess I must just be that awesome of a guitar player 😛
    Even though she does not watch tv, i do notice she is usually calmer and willing to sit whenever it is on, though. If i am sitting in the room with it off, she will act out for sure. Funny dogs 🙂

Too funny :D…my two insist on going right up and in front of the tv screen when I'm playing Rockband...so I'm forever trying to move them or see around them. It never fails that they do it at the most complicated parts of a song. So in my case, Rockband starts bad behavior. I don't play guitar sitting down, so maybe that has something to do with it...me standing in the middle of the living room.

I can't wait to put in a plasma next year so it will be up higher. 😃

• Mine like to be involved with Wii. Booger's been clocked in the head with the remote before because he snuck up beside me & sat down. He also likes to get on the Wii Fit board between my feet when I'm working out. He especially likes to interfere when I'm playing a balance game. He gets on the board & the game thinks I've lost my balance & put my foot down.

• My 2 b's don't care about the tv, but my girl does give a sharp "bark" when the boy bothers her…
    They do pay attention to noise from the computer, the b's "singing" that type of thing..
    They check out the area to see who is around.

• yep, gotta play rockband sitting down…then they will get up on your lap and get in your way with their heads...but after awhile she lays on my lap, which is sometimes uncomfortable...but at least she is being good!

• Too funny!

Our B's watch tv also, we have a basket for our cat on the heater ('my english is very bat today) and Buana always goes in at the evening to watch tv with us.
    When a dog or a animal gives a sound he looks up and watch..
    So cute..

• We have three Basenjis. One does not get into TV much at all , one will run up to the TV any time there is a dog, horse or similar animal on TV and the third does not care as much for animals, but we noticed her actually watching the golf ball bounce down the fairway on golf coverage the other day. She also wll attack the mouse cursor when my wife has the laptop out and the other 2 don't seem to care.

• Our Kayah loves to watch TV and our daughter has taken several pictures of her. Her favorite was Narnia..gee..I wonder why..lol. Kayah's breeder said that all of her litter mates enjoy watching TV too.

• Of our 6 dogs, the BC doesn't seem to even know the telly is there, the GSD and 3 Bs wil prick their ears and look up when an animal makes a noise on the TV. Chance (4th 😎 loves the telly, especially David Attenborough progs. He goes right up to the screen and tilts his head from side to side. He's not fussy any animal will do and it doesn't even need to be making a noise he must see them properly on screen. We spend more time watching Chance watching the telly than we do watching the telly ourselves. It is extremely amusing!!:)

• Our dobes ignore the television, and so does Tilly mainly - unless she hears childrens voices - then she is over at it straight away. There was a popular yoghurt advert a few months ago featuring a young child talking - Tilly would wake up from a deep sleep and rush over to stand with her nose pressed against the screen!

I dont tend to watch much TV, but Tilly likes to read books with me - well she sits beside me and pushes her head infront of whatever im reading to get attention. it usually works.

Suggested Topics