• I dont see any reason why the call/ pet name should be the same as the registered name on the pedigree.

only one of my 8 dogs ( including the 2 living with my parents ) carries a part of his registered name as his call name.

• Houston

Otis reg. name is Otis von Sverige Spunk,
    Von just because, Sverige because where I am from (=sweden in swedish)Spunk, 'cause he is full of it..Silly yes I know but hey why not be silly..? He is also known as
    No-Otis, "Out african hound" and Damn dog (my husbands favorite..)

• Medjai just got a registered name change. I wanted to give Medjai a registered name that would be long like most of the others, so he is now 'Chaverim's Medjai ben Moshe'. Although I don't know for sure that I'll be getting a pup this season, I have chosen the call name of 'Nailah' for it. Now I just have to get a pup.

• So does Medjai's new name have a special meaning?

How did you find the name Nailah?

I love hearing how people come up with their dog's name.

• Medjai is egyptian for soldier and Nailah is egyptian for successful.

After these two, If I get more later, I will name them with more hebrew names.

Chaverim is hebrew for friends, and ben moshe, means son of moshe (me). Since Medjai is neutered, and his breeding was quite questionable too, I just made him my kid (hehe).

We did, however, get the DNA tests done on all applicable parties and now know Medjai's real parents.

• @etzbseder:

Medjai just got a registered name change. I wanted to give Medjai a registered name that would be long like most of the others, so he is now 'Chaverim's Medjai ben Moshe'. Although I don't know for sure that I'll be getting a pup this season, I have chosen the call name of 'Nailah' for it. Now I just have to get a pup.

Cool names…. I like Nailah.... and Medjai's new registered name...

• I love the new names…the hebrew is beautiful.

• I like the names and their meanings.

• Now, I just have to wait to see if there will be a puppy for me this season, and think of my part of the registered name.

• The waiting is the worst.

Suggested Topics