What do you think?

we adopted daphne from a rescue in september, and they told us she was a dachshund/terrier mix.

after it took us a few weeks to hear any noise out of her, we were afraid that we had taken in a dog that had been very abused… but as she got to know us and came out of her shell, we realized she was just not a "bark-er"

we also started noticing some strange behaviors - random spurts of energy where she would run laps around the room, sitting upright on her bottom like a kangaroo, leaning, a few yodels here and there, the way that she washes herself like a cat, and her cute little play pouncing that resembles some strange cross between a cat-pounce and a bunny-hop.

i found a picture of a basenji online - not knowing what a basenji was, i started reading about them and i noticed some similarities - plus, watching videos on youtube, i was able to see how basenjis play, howl, etc.

so - having said all of that - i'm pretty convinced that daphne is part basenji... i can see a resemblance, however small it may be. if she were larger, i'd say she's a shepherd/basenji mix - but the thing is, she's so small - she's only 20lbs now at (guestimated) 1 year old.

what do you think? is it possible that our girl is part basenji?

the dog in this video reminds me a lot of daphne:

The ears look soo much like a basenji :).

Very possibly…what does her tail do? Loop over her back?

@Quercus:

Very possibly…what does her tail do? Loop over her back?

yes - loops over her back - i'll try to get a picture. she curls it up a little at times, but usually it just stays right over her back.

I do see doxie in her face…but her bod looks very Basenji

I think it looks like a jack russell.

Aw, she's very cute

Not sure but she sure is a CUTIE !!!!! 🙂

I have no input, but she is very cute and very lucky to have found you.

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.