She's vomiting bile in the morning!

• I think all of my dogs have had empty tummy bile issues at some point (if I don't get them fed early enough or on-time at night).
    My vet told me to give them a dry biscuit treat before they go to bed and they also get one mid-day too, just to keep their tummies comfortable. Seems to do the trick.
    They are, of course, all healthy with no other underlying issues.

• Houston

Otis vomits too, if I feed him earlier then normal the evening before or wait too late the next morning..

• One of my b's would puke bile because she was nervous. Please make sure there is less tension around her. separation anxiety can have problems also. Check with a GOOD vet!!!

• AJ is notorious for empty tummy vomiting, always yellow bile. I changed his feeding to twice a day and it helped a lot. Now the only time he gets sick is when I have to back up, pull forward… back up, pull forward...to wiggle the truck into a dock door. He does okay in the daylight, but can have trouble at night. However, he has a healthy appetite and is active when the time calls for it. I would say there's something else going on with your girl.
    You already have the experts on the case, so my two cents worth are worth about that: two cents. Please keep us posted on how your girl is doing. I'll be thinking about you.

• I have a question about test strips:
    do they have to have their pee tested first pee of the morning or can it be any time of day? It is dark in the morning and very hard to SEE them pee.. and I am not really thrilled about trying to get the strip wet, and ME not wet. 🙂
    thanks!

• I agree with Sharron about the chicken strips from China.

My B's vomit in the a.m. but it always worries me. When it happens I immediately give them a little yogurt or cottage cheese.

Vomiting bile can also be an indication of liver or pancreatic problems. My 12 year old Basenji (mix) passed away a year ago last June. Vomiting in the a.m. was frequent and her breath smelled badly. For years, different vets told me there was nothing wrong with her. My Georgia vet immediately suspected she had liver disease and performed an ultrasound that confirmed it. She passed away six months later.

• Some vomit more than others if they have an empty stomach as well. Damisi will vomit more that the others, so I have to watch her, especially now, to make sure she always has something in her stomach. She gets fed 12 hours apart, and gets a little something about halfway in between.

• I have a nervous vomitter. We call it "blap disease" because she will just be walking along and suddenly go "blap" and puke up yellow bile or clear liquid. When bloodwork came back completely normal, my vet told me to go get Trader Joe's Ginger Snaps, and give her 1-2 per day to help settle her stomach.
    It does help.

-Nicole

• The bile in the morning wouldn't concern me unless it was alot and happened all the time, even with some late night feeding. The other symptoms are curious. If you original vet is not answering your concerns find another. Keep us posted.

Suggested Topics