Skip to content

Lola & Ari

Show Off Your Dog
  • Oh. My. Gosh. How addorable! Now I really want a little brindle. If I had one more square foot of space….:p

  • oooooh… brindles... Here in Holland, there are not so much...

    We've one :D I love them..

    Great pics!

  • Great shots! Love that puppy's face… too cute..

    @Mauigirl: that's not a picture to be ashamed of :)

  • @Janneke:

    @Mauigirl: that's not a picture to be ashamed of :)

    Haha, thanks. I might have mustered a smile had I not been freezing!!!!!!!!!!

    -Nicki

  • I see no problem at all with the picture, that's why I posted it!!! Party pooper!

    And Sharron, I assume you don't understand the "Lola-sized" part… If I'm right, then here's what I meant. Lola is 11 months; I don't think she'll get much bigger. She's 17 pounds soaking wet after dinner, and the 4 1/2 month old in the picture is the same size as her. I call her my pygmy dog.

  • Yes, I am sorry, I didn't understand your post.
    No harm meant..very cute b's, sorry if I offended.

  • Awh, adorable brindles!

  • Don't let size fool you! Damisi is all of MAYBE 15 inches. She looks really skinny, but weighs in at about 19 lbs. She's a solid little girl. Yours may just be 'lighter boned'.

  • There is so much that goes into weight. My girl Rio is 16.5 inches tall at the withers, and has been since she was about 11 months old or so. She weighed about 17 pounds at 1 year old, was up to about 18 pounds at 2 years old and now at nearly 4 she is hovering right around 20 pound in good weight. So even with height not changing her weight has still flucuated. She was always pretty thin at 1-2 years old, now she is still thin but as she has matured she has filled out and her muscle tone has changed.

  • @sharronhurlbut:

    Yes, I am sorry, I didn't understand your post.
    No harm meant..very cute b's, sorry if I offended.

    Of course you didn't offend! Don't be silly…

    And as far as Lola's size.... its just PERFECT in my opinion. She still looks like a puppy & has SO much charm & personality for her size. I have always said I would never own a toy breed, but she makes a great toy basenji! Haha. She's my little dogmy!

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    LOVED the costume, so it was an easy vote. And, if you're looking to donate food to needy dogs, might I suggest a basenji-related rescue group especially if they give out coupons/certificates instead of the actual bag. I know Colorado Basenji rescue has a glut of dog in right now. I'd imagine Medfly or BRAT are also needy. (I just sent CBR a coupon for a bag of food that Zest won, much to Z's dismay as she was looking forward to eating the entire bag in one sitting.)
  • Athena & Kratos

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    B
    I was actually so impress with them when we brought them home. It was so easy they slept the whole way home. It was awesome!
  • Lola and the History Channel

    Show Off Your Dog
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    AndrewA
    Mine completely ignore the tv… until I watched a dog documentary a few nights ago. They were both riveted for an entire hour. They didn't search for the source of the noise or make any noises themselves, but they wouldn't shut their eyes for the entire time. They just sat & stared.
  • Maya & Pugs (Pictures & Video)

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    MayaM
    @renaultf1: And basenjis aren't?:D:D:D Wait 'til you get a second basenji and Maya has a partner in crime… :D:D:D I cant wait to have another basenji :D I guess it wont be til Maya (hopefully!) has babies so it'll be a bit of a wait yet, but i can just imagine two little horrors ruling the house :rolleyes:
  • Aries is home

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    Thanks for the information on Pet Airways. It is certainly a great option for someone wanting to ship and who might be close to their travel destinations. I hope that that expand one day. But certainly I would consider even if I had to drive to LA to pick them up. Glad that all went well and that this wonderful elder basenji has found their forever home. I am sure that Linda E. is just thrilled. And she looks just lovely!!! Kudos for making this happen
  • Cali & Kwame

    Show Off Your Dog
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    nala121498N
    They are beautiful!