• haha… yeah how appropriate right? I forgot the tail wagged! yep, just like that everybody!! haha....

• Joey's tail remains tightly curled when he wags, don't they all?

• My Nikki is a b-mix and she's a wagger. Stormie is purebred, and he wags his tightly curled cinnabun tail. Somedays I think he's going to propel his little behind right off the floor the way he gets it going! He rarely makes any sounds, though - the only time I hear him make sounds is a growl, or an occasional bark-oo when he's "playing" with the cats.

• Had to laugh!! Joey's tail looks like one of those whirlybird things when his tail gets going too. It does look like he might take off someday…LOL!!! 😃

• Cali is the same way….Cali looks like she is being wined up....LOL

• Lexi's tail wags ONLY in anticipation- not in happiness. She wags it mostly for the lazer pointer. She knows that when we pick it up to look at the ground. She'll look around for the red dot to appear and start wagging her tail, slowly at first and then a little faster. She'll pick up her feet and you can almost hear her say, "Where is it?! Where's the light?!?!"

• Since we're talking about tails, some of ours their tail never uncurls, and others the tail can straighten out and go limp.:D

• Just like us, there must be those Bs that are more laid back and those that are always just a little bit uptight 😃 !

• @JoeyQ:

Just like us, there must be those Bs that are more laid back and those that are always just a little bit uptight 😃 !

Some tails you couldn't straighten out with an iron…....uptight, that explains it.:D 😃 😃

• Anyone who visits is so excited when Nala is sittingor laying in their lap with her tail straighted out (as much as it will, the very end is a hold-out)! They feel such a sense of accomplishment!

• Giz wags when he is happy, but uncurls when he is upset or nervous. He also lays his ears back like a cat when he isn't too thrilled. I love to watch him wag his curl, it is the best "welcome home" I can get. He's never baroo'ed. I keep hoping!

• Joey's ears lay back on his head when he is very excited to see me. He has also given up a few baroos for me when my hands have been full and I haven't been able to give him attention right away. Otherwise he is silent, well of course except for the occasional grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when someone tries to move him while in a warm comfy spot!

• Caesar is 6 and has never wagged his tail. i was shocked to see Beta wag her tail and she would do it anytime she was excited to see me.

I thought the wagging was rare, like a roo!

• My Abby wags her tail but it's almost her whole butt, my other dog Missy who is not a basenji but has the same tail wags her whole butt too.

• Chance has a half wiggle when he finds me…but...when he potties...his tail goes up and down like a water pump! I laugh when I see this 🙂

• Tana wags his tail quite a bit at anyone he's familiar with and likes, whether it's when you've just come home or you have something he wants (i.e., food).

He uncurls his tail when he's relaxed, but he broke his tail when he was a puppy (before we or his previous owners had him- probably at the breeder's) and he's very sensitive about it. You can pet his tail, but just can't play with the end too much or he SCREAMS!

He will manage to squeeze out a "bark" if he's trying to get your attention. Especially when you tell him to go to his kennel, without realizing the door is closed. So funny!

Does anyone else have a basenji that "waves"? Like when he's on a leash, and he sees another dog or person he knows, he stands up on his hind legs and furiously waves his front legs. His previous owner told us not all basenji's/dogs do that. He also has a game where he lies on his back in your lap (as much of him that will fit) and you wag your fingers towards his face or chest and he waves at them. So silly.

• that is cute! my basenjis dont wave…..but it would be a great photo to catch

• Both of my Basenji's wag their tale. My female does it more than my male. It is really a personality thing I think.

Arlene

• Rocky does the "light switch flick" wag… his curl flips back and forth over his back in an abrupt fashion, like a person flicking a light switch on and off repeatedly.

It's adorable! Then he yodels and all is right in the world!

• I can always tell when Chance is about to fall into a deep sleep…his tail will un-curl. Thats when I know it is safe to move about without him thinking it is playtime.

Suggested Topics