Skip to content

Hello from West Texas

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    eeeefarmE
    Aggression is an all encompassing term. As pointed out above, there is quite a range! It is not unusual for Basenjis to be dog aggressive. Mine is, and I just avoid other dogs because I know his intentions are not good. Some are same sex aggressive and fine with members of the opposite sex, and some may just be making a statement when they are leashed. If you describe what you are seeing more specifically I am sure lots of people will have common experiences and possible training fixes to share. I would love to see some pictures of Tucker, and welcome to the forum!
  • A Texas hello

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    snorky998S
    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like the pecking order is being worked out. Sometimes those little snark fight sound MUCH worse than they actually are. Whoever can open their mouths widest, show the most teeth and vocalize the loudest with the most variety wins!! It's been quite a while since I had a major snark, but it certainly sounded like they were killing each other, but nary a mark or spot of blood on either one!!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    YodelDogsY
    I agree with the others that this is not a common practice among BCOA breeders. I am sorry that this happened to you and yes, you should get your deposit back.
  • Hello from Texas!

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    BasenjiByTheBayB
    Awww, what a pretty girl. I just replied to your other post - good thing she's so darling, eh?:rolleyes:
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    jys1011J
    I live near the mountains in Colorado. There are some great trails with open space all around to let thme run around. Gosh I'm so jealous!! We don't have any plasce we could let our pooches loose. I would love a big open space sans any basenji prey :) that way they'll come back
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied