Skip to content

Rough and Dry Paw Pads

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Dry skin and fur

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    ZandeZ
    @prasadvaze The body odour would suggest to me there is something being ingested that his body doesn't approve of. I would change his diet to something grain free to start with and I would also talk to a vet who is experienced with Basenjis. Not just any vet. Find one who knows our breed and is prepared to research your problem relative to Basenjis
  • Dry, flaky skin

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    D
    @prasadvaze There are wipes which you can use instead of baths, I imagine most of them neutralize odors and have a fresh scent. Perhaps try those? Mine have always had no detectable smell except after I bath them, then they smell “doggy” for a day or so. Here are a couple of ones I looked up but I have never tried any. https://www.chewy.com/natures-miracle-spring-waters/dp/108468 https://www.chewy.com/tropiclean-deep-cleaning-deodorizing/dp/128836 What kind of smell / odor?
  • HELP - Owie foot pad

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    MacPackM
    Glad it was nothing serious…annoying for Kipawa, but not serious!
  • Dry Dog Foods

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I use the Life Abudance and alternate between Paula Newmans. My dogs love it. Their coats look great. I totally support both of those dog foods.
  • Cracked foot pad

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    jys1011J
    You an also try putting some ointment on their paws to help heal & avoid any further scrapes. I use Mushers Secret..it's good all year around.
  • Cloven paws

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    74
    0 Votes
    74 Posts
    96k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    We have this discussion every few years. Some have the connected toe pads, some don't. As for international one... you'd need to touch bases with the people involved in bringing them and maybe Dr. Jo.