• @Quercus:

Could be this person was a troll. She said all the right things to get people in a dither. Typical of a troll, trolling for angry responses.

Possibly, we had some members that were removed from the forum for not respecting us and our forum guidelines. They periodically show up back here in one form or another trying to stir things up.

I don't think Lili is a troll though, just stumbled on a sensitive topic.

The best thing todo if you find someones post offensive is to ignore the poster and notify the moderator team at admin@basenjiforums.com. If you have any comments or concerns about moderation or this message please email us privately.

Lets stay on topic.

Thank you,

• Even if this person who started this post isn't legit, some of the info given by the quality breeders might help those who are thinking they might want to get into breeding in the future.
    Breeding its not for the uninformed…imo

• I wouldn't guess it was a troll since they have been a member since Nov of last year & have made posts unrelated to breeding…

However, Sharron brings up a great point. Although this thread started a bit of conflict, many wonderful & legitimate points about becoming a breeder have been mentioned. This thread has served as a general what to do if you are serious about wanting to breed & has probably [& IMO hopefully] scared off some people who are not in it for the right reasons. I can assure you I would NEVER breed! Haha.

• Well, I sure hope they read and absorb what these long time breeder folks know and are sharing.
    Otherwise, I will be seeing their dogs down the line, and I sure don't want that.
    SIGH!

• I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the original poster - LiLi. Sorry for the confusion.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Even if this person who started this post isn't legit, some of the info given by the quality breeders might help those who are thinking they might want to get into breeding in the future.
    Breeding its not for the uninformed…imo

Sure, Sharron! I totally agree. That is why I responded in a civil manner 🙂 I was just pointing out that there are some people out there who get their kicks by stirring up trouble on boards like this…they actually have competitions to see who can get the most responses.

I also don't think it was anybody who was kicked out of the forums...at least none of the people that I know who were kicked out (of course, I don't know how many people were kicked out)...they don't have any wish to return; or stir up trouble.

• @Ninabeana26:

I wouldn't guess it was a troll since they have been a member since Nov of last year & have made posts unrelated to breeding…

However, Sharron brings up a great point. Although this thread started a bit of conflict, many wonderful & legitimate points about becoming a breeder have been mentioned. This thread has served as a general what to do if you are serious about wanting to breed & has probably [& IMO hopefully] scared off some people who are not in it for the right reasons. I can assure you I would NEVER breed! Haha.

Good point Nina….I didn't realize she had posted before.

• @Ninabeana26:

I wouldn't guess it was a troll since they have been a member since Nov of last year & have made posts unrelated to breeding…

I agree, the posts that were made were by breeders that have been there, done that… and related their experiences... good, bad, etc... and to get the message out that responsible breeders do NOT make money, nor do they breed to make money...

• @mauigirl:

Hey Carrie,

I'll go to dog shows with you! 😃
    I'm definitely interested in learning more about conformation, just for fun.

Let's go! That would be fun!!!

• Haha a Basenji breeder making profit that´ll be the day if one makes end´s meet(hmm is that english)one should be so lucky.I´m not a breeder but my boy has been used for stud this fall and just paying all the shows(gas,show entries etc)the extensive health testing hips,eyes,fanconi,thyroid panel including TgAA wasn´t cheap.Can assure anyone that his stud fee won´t make me rich but that´s not what i´m intrested in i´m more curious seeing what kinda puppies this combo will give and if he passes on his qualities.

Suggested Topics