Skip to content

Ziggy gets a B sister!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Vacationing with a B

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    H
    A campsite would be good for them to roam around. When we take on vacation, I also make sure to visit any local pet cafe so they could eat food we usually don't cook.
  • should I get a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    13k Views
    elbrantE
    @lovedogs @eeeefarm said in should I get a basenji?: wait until the time is right, even if you really, really want a dog now I agree... with everyone. Sometimes you just need to accept that (no matter how much you want a dog/car/kid/house) you aren't quite ready for it. I waited 5 years before I brought my Basenji home and it was probably the most adult thing I've ever done. I was still in recovery from a spinal injury and knew that I wouldn't be able to provide (her) the exercise she would want and require. Waiting made all the difference in the world. Whan I was finally ready, the most perfect little girl was ready for me. Don't fret about it. You can read, research, consider all of your options, and really prepare yourself. (Don't look at puppy pictures online! You'll fall in love without even meeting the pup(s) and it will pull at your heartstrings.) Remind yourself that "one day you will have a Basenji", just not today.
  • Getting your b out of bed in the morning

    Basenji Talk
    39
    0 Votes
    39 Posts
    22k Views
    ?
    Everyday between 5 and 6am the Basenji alarm clock named Zoe goes off. Some mornings she has a squeaky yawn and then looks surprised when the noise come out.
  • Getting a new pal for my B's!!

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    nobarkusN
    There's one that comes to our dog park named Rocket and he's very fast and focused on retrieving. I have yet to see him play with the other dogs. He's never mean or anything just not interested in play.
  • 2 B's or NOT 2 B's…. That is the question!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    dmeyD
    I'm afraid If I do decide to get another I won't have a chance to introduce them beforehand as it Will probably be a puppy I bring from the US.. I doubt there will be a problem since she will be a young puppy…
  • Getting depressed

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    kristinkK
    There could be a thread on the things we do to registered names– Sol's is 'Solid Gold' but I call him 'Solomon' because he's a deep thinker, or 'Solace' because he is a solace to me-- I like the 'Ruby' adaptation! Kris