• When I had two boxers I used one. Best thing though is to ensure that both are well trained

• I use it when I go for walks that are meant to be excercise (no sniffing or lifting leg).I like it cause it put´s less strain on my shoulders so it´s Myran pulling Max instead of me pulling him, he hates excercise;))

• I walk three on a system my husband made with good quality line (yacht rope) of different thickness. The handle is thick and soft, slips over my wrist, then the three leads are thinner line, so I have 3 leads 6-7 feet long with one handle. Originally I had a slider so I could clamp the lines together near the dogs for better control, but it broke so now I just grab the lines if I need them reined in. They walk nicely together and can get far enough apart for privacy when pottying. I have had the current one for about 4 years. I used a coupler but they were just too close together to enjoy their walk.

Anne in Tampa

• I personally haven't had a lot of luck with the tandem leads because Lenny ends up just dragging Tayda along. She is a much more docile walker and Lenny is out to sniff everyone and every thing. So for us, it works better just to have them on separate leads. I do get it out and try it periodically though. Hopefully I can use it sometime in the future.

• I have one for my two. My puppy pulls so much now that my wrist was hurting. I put them on the tandem and the puppy pulls against my other basenji. My adult basenji will snarf at him when he pulls too much and he slows down.

I used the same tandem leash years ago with my male and female basenji. My female was terrified outside, but would stick with Caesar on the tandem and did great on it. They also pooped while on tandem and it is much easier to scoop the poop 😛

• @dash:

does anyone use these for their dogs? I saw one and was wondering how it may work for our 2.

I have a couple, and when we travel with all the dogs, they are very handy for getting everybody walked in a short amount of time. But I do agree with whoever said some dogs won't poop when coupled to another.

I think it is important to have two dogs that have similar walking styles though. If you have a hard-driver, and a meanderer, someone will be unhappy. But if you have two sniffers, they will be in heaven 'hey, sniff over here, no, over here, how about here!' If you have two hard-drivers together you hardly have exert any energy to walk…think dry-land pulling record 😉

• I have one for my two- and they do best when we're all running. If they're just walking, they end up pulling each other more often. But it's still easier than having two leashes.

We have a hands free leash too… It's great if you're a runner. The dogs get used to it and it's really useful!!

Here's some pics of the kids on their .

The kids on tandem at Harpers Ferry

The kids on a stump. 😉

• I think it is important to have two dogs that have similar walking styles though. If you have a hard-driver, and a meanderer, someone will be unhappy. But if you have two sniffers, they will be in heaven 'hey, sniff over here, no, over here, how about here!' If you have two hard-drivers together you hardly have exert any energy to walk…think dry-land pulling record

Roller skates:p

• @Mantis:

Roller skates:p

Shudder….

• @BDawg:

I have one for my two- and they do best when we're all running. If they're just walking, they end up pulling each other more often. But it's still easier than having two leashes.

We have a hands free leash too… It's great if you're a runner. The dogs get used to it and it's really useful!!

Here's some pics of the kids on their .

The kids on tandem at Harpers Ferry

The kids on a stump. 😉

Great Pics. I love the hands free.I picture us doing what that lady is doing while jogging only I would be running sideways 😃 I had kind of hoped that Dash would help pull Sissy along and Sissy would pull Dash back. In theory it sounds perfect. I have been just taking Dash for jogging and leaving Siss at home. She can't jog very far and it seems more stressful for us both.

Suggested Topics