Skip to content

Found my breeder!

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Are New Breeders Needed?

    Breeder Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    I know Terry Reed is a breeder near Houston and currently has 2 litters. She also shows her basenjis. She was recommended when we looking for a Basenji when ours crossed the Rainbow Bridge last April. We ended up rescuing a mix instead since we didn’t want to wait but had no reservations about getting a puppy from her if we needed.
  • reputable breeder?

    Breeder Talk
    58
    0 Votes
    58 Posts
    40k Views
    tanzaT
    @debbie said in reputable breeder?: @tanza yes my mistake it was tested with OKC I got papers to prove it.. she was born with the disease Are you referring to OFA? If so then I would wonder if the pup's sire/dam were not the real sire/dam of the pup you got? Only if they are Afflicted with the Fanconi gene (the pup) would they develop Fanconi? Did the paperwork from OFA say "clear"?
  • Breeders in Western US

    Breeder Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @aspenjane11 - By the way, the breeding listing at www.basenji.org is updated yearly when members renew their membership in the Basenji Club of America. Breeders choose if they want to be listed or not
  • Breeder contracts and control

    Breeder Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    15k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Kathy, were you able to get the dog back? That is heart breaking. The truth is, unless you are rich, contracts don't help much. It is why I stayed co-owner on all my dogs until they were spay/neutered or championship and health clearances finished. It enabled me to go pick up a dog of mine that was being abused while the POS co-owner was at Westminster with her other dog. She didn't have the money to take legal actions, especially since I had pictures and vet documentation. But if I hadn't been able to retrieve the dog and been co-owner, I'd have been sunk.
  • Looking for a breeder

    Breeder Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    N
    I'm sorry for your loss. I did not mean to seem overly harsh, but I am glad you found the article eye-opening. I am very sad that you lost your boy so young. Please consider giving a homeless dog a second chance, or buy only from responsible breeders for a pup. it really is worth it. -Nicole
  • Website for a breeder?

    Breeder Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    Rita JeanR
    Both B's are to die for very pretty love there color. Rita Jean