Skip to content

Pink skin

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Dry skin and fur

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    ZandeZ
    @prasadvaze The body odour would suggest to me there is something being ingested that his body doesn't approve of. I would change his diet to something grain free to start with and I would also talk to a vet who is experienced with Basenjis. Not just any vet. Find one who knows our breed and is prepared to research your problem relative to Basenjis
  • Flakey skin…

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    12k Views
    M
    Hi All, Thought i'd give you a little update! My lil lady had her food changed from Eukanuba medium pup to Royal Canin Mini (she's a very small basenji and doubt she'll get bigger than 10k when fully grown so thought this one best) I also bought her a Pet Head shampoo 'Royal Treatment' with oatmeal and aloe. She loves her new food and never leaves a crumb now, has a bath once every two weeks (instead of every week) and has a treat of sardines or yogurt every couple of days. Her skin is much better, little flaking and her coat looks much better now. Thank you guys for all the advice!
  • Skin irritation

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    O
    Spencer gets that on his thighs sometimes in the summer. I thought it was a heat rash, but maybe he's been around prickly stuff in the yard. I rub a little lotion on it, and he seems to think that's the equivalent of a doggy massage. I watch him to make sure he doesn't lick it off, and the red is usually gone in a day.
  • Dry Skin?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    20k Views
    tanzaT
    @FortheLoveofStella: Stella has very short hair, and she is flaky a lot (in more ways than one!!) Do you need a prescription for the omega3 or fish oil? Or can you just the human equivalent at cvs? Human equivalent is fine to use
  • Pink nose when tired?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    BDawgB
    Lexi's nose always turns pink when she's sleepy. I think it's SO cute!! It's like she gets all warm and nuggly and then her nose turns pink. So cute!!! :) :) :)
  • Itchy skin

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    21k Views
    lvossL
    Also what kind of filter are you using? We use the allergen filters by 3M and they do make a difference for husband who has had allergies all his life.