Skip to content

Advice please if a Basenji might be a good match.

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    SchouiffyS
    Jakal is a very handsome Basenji boy! ;D I agree with everyone else…. a closer photos of the bumps would be helpful. From afar it kinda looks like hives, but I can't be sure. I'm sure someone will be able to help! Also, Royal Canin has grains in it which many many dogs are sensitive to. I gave it to my Basenji when she was little, but after a few months I could tell it wasn't really working for her. It is not really the best dry food in general. Have you thought about Orijen? I know you can get it there, it has no grain - only meat and vegetables. I find that sight hounds like Basenjis do excellent on this high protein zero grain diet. I found it here for Italy: http://www.zooplus.it/ask?query=Orijen&num=20&form=Ricerca www.zooplus.it/
  • Looking for a Basenji

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    BendaTXBRATB
    PLEASE visit www.basenjirescue.org and take a look at the current purebred basenji rescues availiable and ready for forever homes. We offer transport options where volunteers are availiable. I just recently flew a dog from Texas to Toronto, A plane ticket for $220.00 bought the dog climate controlled in cabin flight, and the adoption was a success. Please email me if you have any questions! BENDA4BRAT@YAH0O.COM
  • We love our basenji

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    AndrewnShangoA
    Congrats on your adoption! You're def. helping the world of lost/abandoned pets…. Tell us more about your new pup!
  • Could be a Basenji owner?

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Hello and welcome. Maggie looks basenji to me too. I agree with what someone else wrote about the "deer legs." She is gorgeous and very lucky to have you in her life.
  • Might be a basenji

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome to the forum. It's so much fun and lots of great information. She's just adorable!
  • Between Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Basenjis. Losing a pet is so difficult. I hope this site helps you through the transition. Welcome.