Skip to content

My Maybe Baby (Part Basenji - Part???)

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • 6 Votes
    19 Posts
    6k Views
    B
    She is certainly a beautiful dog!
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    L
    I used Wisdom Panel for my assumed Basenji mix. It showed no basenji at all. My boy is 32 lbs and short hair. His DNA says he is 25% American Eskimo 12.5% Boston Terrier 12.5% Chow Chow 12.5% German Shepherd 12.5% Miniature Schnauzer 25% Breed Group-Sporting, Herding, Hound, Terrier. Having owned basenjis all my life I would say my boy has basenji in him by his personality and behavior regardless of what his dna says!!
  • Is my Buddy part Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I am so sorry about your brother. Yes, seems he was meant to be with your family. If you get a chance, record his vocalizations. We really love pictures and videos!
  • Someone suggested that my dog may be part Basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    Yes, she could be, but also X shiba or any primitive breed with a curly tail ! Anyway, she looks beautiful, and I hope you'll have as much fun with her that I do have with my basenji (12 years old, rescued when she was 4 months old). Enjoy that funny girl ! From France,, Tosca and Magali
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    P
    I agree with the others that although he seems to have Basenji in him - his head is def. not Basenji. As for the leg I'd have it amputated if it troubles him - He'll cope with 3 legs I'm sure, but certainly consult a specialist first. Please keep us updated.
  • Non-basenji show pictures part 2

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    MayaM
    @Nemo: Cool. I love the "sleepy whippets" picture. Me too! Great pictures, thanks for sharing :D