Nova - xoloitzcuintli mix is she part basenji?

• Hi! I found someone's post on Google looking for basenji mix after someone said my pup looks basenji like! Posted to her post and decided to post here too I hope it's ok.

Nova
    (like a super nova star! Also means new in Spanish)
    Female
    7 months old
    30lbs
    Mexico sayulita rescue age 5 weeks adopted at 10 weeks
    Female
    Half xoloitzcuintli (mom)
    Half ??? People have said she looks basenji lately so I started to look online and she sure does !
    Shes highly intelligent, sensitive, responsive, loves water and playing with other dogs and humans, enjoys sticks and balls but doesn't play with them as much if fun creatures are around ! Shes just started to bark like a real dog.. more of a bark pause intermittent, not a constant yap. (Someone here said that is basenji like ?) I read and videod that basenjis don't make much bark but as she is a mix..
    Hairless spotted tummy
    White markings with dark brown short fur
    Wrinkly forehead and mouth (very Xolo mouth)

See other pics in links below !
    0_1536587050129_IMG_10092018_064337_(600_x_450_pixel).jpg
    0_1536560039338_IMG_09092018_231324_(600_x_800_pixel).jpg
    0_1536586678206_IMG_10092018_063729_(600_x_800_pixel).jpg
    0_1536586688660_IMG_10092018_063701_(600_x_800_pixel).jpg
    Https://ibb.co/i4Uhup
    https://ibb.co/kMyWn9
    https://ibb.co/kOUyZp

• There are a lot of Whippet mixes in that area and that is what I see.

• Although she definately looks BASENJI to me - the LIKEING OF WATER surprises me. My purebred BASENJI does everything to avoid water.

• @kembe said in Nova - xoloitzcuintli mix is she part basenji?:

Although she definately looks BASENJI to me - the LIKEING OF WATER surprises me. My purebred BASENJI does everything to avoid water.

Out of the five Basenjis I have owned, two were fine with water, one mildly disliked it, and two really did not like it at all! My second girl would jump off the dock to pursue a water skier, so her chase instincts overcame any aversion to getting wet.

• @2baroos

her mom is pure xoloitzquintli which is where she gets the whippet look from.. when I got her they said they thought maybe she could have some pitbull in her. but maybe her dad is a whippet mix!?

• She looks like a part Basenji to me...but whatever she is, she is JUST gorgeous!!!! Treasure her! XOXO

Suggested Topics