Skip to content

Basenji Puppy bottom problem after bowel movement

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Bowel movements

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    It’s just a spot thing 😊 his bowel movement is ok... He has to pick a spot where no dogs are near, where there is a certain breeze...just kidding. He is picky, nothing else. Thank you 😊
  • 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    My husband and my Basenji both snore. Stereo! :)
  • Basenji in Alaska

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    15k Views
    wizardW
    I saw that you have a sewing machine – its not hard to make your own coat. I made one for my previous beasties with fleece and wool. I made it with a high colar (for the backside of the neck) and an indentation for the tail and a big belly and chest band (I used snaps at first but then switched to velcro). It worked pretty good for our single digit temps (and the occasional below zero walks to the corner). My current beastie refuses to go out the door with a coat on, however. When the outside temps are below 10F she won't stay outside any longer than necessary to go potty - the squirrels can run around all they want then! With respect to booties, mine will at least tolerate them when we go for walks but it's more for the road salt. However, the good pair I bought this year leak somehow (maybe through the stitching?) and she doesn't like them with they get wet inside. Nevertheless be sure you get the best you can find.
  • Basenji and food problem suggestions

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    starcentralS
    I will continue this topic in the FOOD FORUMS since likely this is not a health issue at this time: http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=7726&page=2 Thank you everyone for you comments, I am new here, and new to Basenji's so all the help is appreciated. The longer I keep little Benji confined, the more destruction he starts doing to the laundry room! :D
  • Homeopathy for Basenjis?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    MaxBooBooBearM
    Yes–I forgot that there are actually homeopathic vets available. We are so lucky here in the Bay Area--we have great vets, specialists and also UC Davis veterinary school/drs not too far away--and believe me--I have used all of these resources over the past 18 years.....
  • Basenji screams when moving bowels

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    BDawgB
    The only time mine did this was when she was spayed and in going to the bathroom, she strained the area that had been stitched. :( I hope yours gets better!