Skip to content

Problem?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Thyroid Problems?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    krunzerK
    Test results got back today….yay no thyroid issues....just fat puppy I guess. I will have to watch exactly what she eats and cut her back from there if she does not start to lose some of the 'winter weight'.
  • Basenji and food problem suggestions

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    starcentralS
    I will continue this topic in the FOOD FORUMS since likely this is not a health issue at this time: http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=7726&page=2 Thank you everyone for you comments, I am new here, and new to Basenji's so all the help is appreciated. The longer I keep little Benji confined, the more destruction he starts doing to the laundry room! :D
  • Urination problem

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    nobarkusN
    @ljsabo: My B does the same thing. He will start peeing and not finish and then quickly lick himself. He has done this for years but otherwise seems healthy and very normal. My friend who has a 9 month old b puppy stated hers does this as well so it could be a B thing?? No, he licks the pee as it's coming out and if I turn his head away he stops and walks away.
  • Icky problems

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    I hope the vet figures out what is wrong & that your baby girl recovers soon. You are a good mommy to be taking such good care of her :) She's a lucky pup. Thinking about you & her as she gets better!
  • Liver problems in my B

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    nobarkusN
    I got Denamarin from the vet. You can get it from Amazon too or anybody on the web. Here's the link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001483FMM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_2/103-5125310-1987067?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1223066153&sr=8-2
  • Worm problem and a few questions.

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    WBLW
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear things are going better. Tiggy lost two of his teeth today too, I think (for as much as he'll let me look, lol) he only has his top canines left.