San Francisco bay basenji owners
Anyone in this area who would like to meet upand go to a dog park.
Happy new year!
This forum has gotten big and a bit messy over the years and it's time to have some Moderators step in! So if you already are a regular, are responsible and have the time to spare, please apply to be a Moderator.
What do Moderators do? Here are a few key points:
- Browse the forums! Seriously, simply being active in the forums is a big part of this.
- Take care of spam. Bots are always a problem, and you have all seen bot spam here. Our system catches most of it automatically, but some gets through. Moderators have the ability to take care of it when they find it.
- Move forum topics into the right categories, keep things clean and organized.
- Enforce forum rules. Moderators are responsible for knowing all of our forum rules, and for stepping in when one is broken. Delete or Edit Inappropriate posts.
- Be helpful. Perhaps the single most important part of being a forum moderator. If a member has a question, answer it! If you don't have an answer, try to find someone who does. If someone seems to feel unwelcome, step in and be a friend. Encourage helpful and productive conversations. If a topic is starting to go toxic, try to intervene. If that doesn't work, close the topic.
Application Directions: Simply answer the following questions and only post serious applications in this thread.
- What skills do you possess that you believe would make you a good candidate for this position?
- What would your moderation style be like?
- How often do you frequent the official forum categories and do you post often?
- Have you reported inappropriate threads before? If so, how often?
- How much time do you think you would be able to devote to moderating?
- What other activities occupy your time?
- What timezone do you live in?
- If you have any other comments that you feel is necessary and wasn't covered in the other questions, you may write them here:
Hi, I appreciate you bringing this up. All the spammers have been cleaned up and are gone now. Looks like they found a way around the current spam protection, I will look into updating the spam filter settings. Meanwhile please keep flagging them.
Thank you so much for your suggestions, the first test was at a 5.7 and I am awaiting the results of a second test. The initial blood test also revealed Diabetes Insipidus but I feel there is more to it than that and I see many of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism which i've read is usually results from medication for hypo and I had not given any such meds so it's a mystery how it was contracted. And we did lose her half brother in January which would explain added stress.
Has anyone ever had to deal with hyperthyroidism in their Basenji rather than the hypothyroidism ?