Brother looking to become a Basenji Slave too

• I have 2 basenjis, and my mom adopted a basenji from BRAT several years ago. Now my brother has decided he would like a basenji of his own as well.
    He would prefer an older female.
    He lives with his girlfriend in Oxford, MI. Both of his kids are past college, and his girlfriend shares custody of her 12-year-old daughter. He has a fenced yard.
    if anyone knows of an older basenji looking for a retirement home, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Nicole

• Nicole, has your brother filled out an application with BRAT? I think a sweet older girl was taken in recently in the midwest. Also, not sure what you mean when you say "older"…to me, that's 11--14yrs old, since B's have a long life span. 7-10 is middle aged, 3-6 is young, and 0-2 yrs is "Kiss Your Furniture Goodbye!"

• A total-B family: wonderful!

• I told him to fill out an application for BRAT. I am not sure he has done it yet. He suggested 10 or older when he was talking to me.

Thanks so much,

Nicole

• There's a facebook page that is aimed at announcing basenji litters….but sometimes they have a couple older dogs up. Otherwise BRAT would be a good way to go.

• Check out Camp Basenji also… they Fanconi test their rescues. I honestly would never take another basenji without knowing the fanconi status.

Suggested Topics