Introducing Habari's Black Cat and Habari's Black Fox

• Hi all, haven't been on in a while. With Johnny's passing and then the problems with the cleft lip puppy and Zina's passing, I've been sooo busy. I did manage to breed Rose this year (Can Ch Habari's Dream a Little Dream) to Donald (Can/Am Ch Bushwacker's Cor Leonis) and have two lovely puppies. Call names are Inali (the boy and it does mean Black Fox) and Suki (the girl). Both are little butterballs and almost tripled their weight in three weeks. They are now 4 weeks old and 3 days. I may be keeping the little boy (we'll see how he turns out) and Suki has a home already. I will be doing a repeat breeding of these two this coming fall. Rose is the red (obviously), Inali is the one with the black collar on the show side and Suki has the white stripe on her face.

Sorry that should have been tripled their weight in a week!
    attachment_t_15906_0_image2.jpg
    attachment_t_15906_1_1.jpg
    attachment_t_15906_2_2.jpg
    attachment_t_15906_3_3.jpg
    attachment_t_15906_4_4.jpg
    attachment_t_15906_5_5.jpg
    attachment_t_15906_6_image3.jpg

• First Basenji's

Oh boy, really cute stuff! so sorry for your loss and the stress of taking care of medical problems. but ya just gotta be able to get in a good mood snuggling with these pups! Congrats!

• Ahh, thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. You just never know what to expect. The vet's receptionist asked me if I was done with breeding after Zina. I told her no, life happens. Zina wasn't supposed to live in the first place.

• First Basenji's

That has got to be the healthiest outlook about nature and survival. If your next litter has a female red, and you have to make a trip to Florida

let me know! Just lost my oldest boy (a lab mix) 12.9 years, and it was his time. Really beautiful-vet came to the house 6pm and we all laid in his bed and he went to sleep, no more pain…..I am ok, just thinking about how much fun a family of three canines can be....the hubby really love the R/W.....

• I'm actually hoping to take a trip down this year to both see Robyn and to take some painting classes. So, you might see me! LOL

Videos and other pics are on my FB page-Dogo Habari Basenjis

• Nothing like new life to help mend a broken heart, being busy is always good as you don't have the time to dwell on things. Don't know how many times I have said but black and whites are lovely!! enjoy your cuddles with them.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• First Basenji's

@nomrbddgs:

I'm actually hoping to take a trip down this year to both see Robyn and to take some painting classes. So, you might see me! LOL

Videos and other pics are on my FB page-Dogo Habari Basenjis

I will go there to see more! where in Fl?

• Robyn is near Atlanta, GA and will be going to New Smyrna, with side trips to Orlando, and surrounding area. I've travelled extensively through the US, especially FL, so am familiar with a lot of places down there. Strangely enough, I've never been to New Smyrna though! Been down through the keys (which I hated, so commercialized, reminded me of Niagara Falls, On, CA) and all the way up through the middle with side trips down the coasts.

• First Basenji's

@nomrbddgs:

Robyn is near Atlanta, GA and will be going to New Smyrna, with side trips to Orlando, and surrounding area. I've travelled extensively through the US, especially FL, so am familiar with a lot of places down there. Strangely enough, I've never been to New Smyrna though! Been down through the keys (which I hated, so commercialized, reminded me of Niagara Falls, On, CA) and all the way up through the middle with side trips down the coasts.

Yes, lived in Big Pine Key, 35 miles (east on us1) and hated to go to KeyWest. So, I am about an hours drive from Orlando. Would be neat to meet up. left a message on Facebook.

• I do know where Big Pine Key is. I've actually stayed on the Island. But that would be a long drive for me. If I do go down, I will be in painting classes from 9-5.

• Those are two very lovely pups! Black and whites are really growing on me….

• Congrats on those new puppies! They are cuties.

• Precious! I've always wanted a B/W 🙂

Suggested Topics