• First Basenji's

It had to happen sooner or later.

Bowpi figured out she can climb trees.

So either I'm doomed or the squirrels are!

Luckily we don't have any trees like that in our backyard, and the six-foot privacy fence is pretty unclimbable. She has really been inspired to go all out this squirrel season though!

• That is a cool tree for climbing 😃

• What a perfect Basenji TREE!!!! LOL

• LOL great basenji tree indeed! If I had it, I'd put a little bed there for them! 🙂

• What a gorgeous tree! Shaye would be up that after squirrels in a heartbeat! Looks like Bowpi is having lots of fun there. And it's the squirrels who are doomed - they are quick, but basenjis are sneaky and patient when hunting.

• First Basenji's

@Shaye's Mom, I think if it wasn't for the Shiba, she might have caught one by now. Bowdu goes charging up against the fence guns a-blazin', as it were… He' s barking up a storm from the moment he launches himself off the back steps, which of course gives the squirrels ample warning to get to safety. Meanwhile, Bowpi lurks quietly at the edge of the fence... and I know she'll be there in a flash if one were ever to lose his footing.

This was at the dog park. Yes it's a very nice tree with a nice "on" ramp. I was a little surprised at how high she was willing to go though!

Now if Basenjis actually grew on trees, then we'd ALL really be in trouble....

• Lovely pictures. It's good to see a Basenji climbing a tree again. One of mine used to go after squirrels up trees too. Fancy Bowdu spoiling her fun!!

Suggested Topics