• You are so correct - this is so not fair. I'm very sorry.
    You and yours will be in my thoughts/prayers.

• Best of wishes to you and Flame.

• First Basenji's

What a sudden and unfortunate turn…. I don't know that I could add anything to comfort you at this time, but you and Flame are in my thoughts.

• Oh, no– I'm so sorry to hear this! It is never easy when a beloved companion is sick and declining, and I know this is just so hard. My thoughts are with you, Flame and the rest of your pack, human and canine.

• Hugs to Flame and you. What a terrible turn for the worse. I hope his final days will be filled with love and without pain.

• I gave him his prednisone and antibiotic this morning and then forced some food down him. Hubby came home after work and Flame met him by the gate wagging his tail and looking WAY better than he has in about 10 days. This is so hard. I wonder if it is the antibiotic working or if it is the prednisone. i also looked up Lupus and the SLE form of it produces large lymph nodes. I am so confused. This morning he was looking like he wanted to give up and now he is wagging his tail and everything. I am crying as I write this because now I don't know. The whole waiting game is the hardest part. We called the vet today and he is going to press the lab to rush the results personally. But would he react to the prednisone that quickly?? He has only had 2 doses…..does anyone have prior experience with lupus or prednisone?

• Prednisone will reduce inflammation so perhaps make him feel better. Lupus is autoimmune, and the steroid suppresses the immune system. I feel for you…....it isn't easy to know what to do in a situation like this. I try to let the animal tell me if it is worth going on or not. Fingers crossed that Flame will help you decide what is best for him.

• I have no experience with lupus, but Spencer took prednisone once after a seizure and the response was amazing. He went from being listless, almost catatonic, to walking and eating within a day. I have had vets tell me there was little to no hope five times now and every time, meds, force-feeding and TLC made the difference. Sometimes, the will to live, a lot of love and the right meds will help them go on for however long they can.

Sounds like you've had all the tests, but did the vet rule out tick disease? That can cause swollen lymph nodes, lethargy, loss of appetite and other symptoms Flame seems to be having. I hope Flame continues to feel better! (If you have trouble getting food down him, Hill's critical care canned food is like a souffle and goes down easily in a syringe. It's gentle on a queasy stomach, too. That was a lifesaver for me a few months ago.)

• Our lab had lupus. She was on pred for a little while, but this was so many years ago. I do remember her daily pills were - tetracycline, niacinamide, vitE, and Zinc?
    I hope Flame has more good days ahead of him.

• Test results came back and Flame has been diagnosed with malignant lymphoma. We are very saddened at this news but were kind of expecting it. Thank you for everyone's support and I am sorry to have to tell you this bad news.

• Words don't fix things, I know, but I'm so sorry to hear about Flame. Thanks for letting us know the sad news. You're in my thoughts…

• I'm so sorry, I hope Flame will have many more good days than bad in the time you still have together.

• I am so sorry, Tollers are such delightful little dogs. I've had the good fortune to meet several and always liked them. You and yours are in my thoughts/prayers.

Suggested Topics