• @Rocky1:

NYC is not do able for me.
    I'm not that far from Tuckerton,45 minutes down the Prkway.
    If you could come up to Lakewood,there is a 4 mile walk around The
    Lake or Pine Park or Ocean County Park.
    I walk there sometimes with my Rocky.

Kahryn

i can come up there sometime with congo. it depends on my work schedule. i'll let you know!

• Hi, we live in Rockland County NY . We have a 5 month old male Basenji.

• First Basenji's

That's about an hour from me.. not too bad when my girl is finished with her shots we should meet up! She is 13.5 weeks right now.. the one website Suzee posted on here http://www.meetup.com/basenji-5/ is having a meet in April. I won't be able to make it this time but next time they do I should be able to! Hope some of you guys could as well!

• Hi anniedny! I live in westchester, about 20 min from you, I have a 12 week old girl, we definately must meet up! What do you think?

• Sounds good. Where would we meet?

• I have to wait unil she has all her shots, I would think we would want to meet at a park somewhere, I am not sure how dexi would be off leash because she is either on a leash or in my fenced in backyard, how is your guy off the leash?

• Kennedy is never off leash. He is too curious and would run for anything he would see…. Let me know when she has had her shots and we can set something up.

• I never let dexi off leash either, just in my fenced in yard. It would be great if we could find a fenced in area but i am not sure. I will contact you after her next set of shots. Looking forward to meeting another basenji, i had a boy as a child!

• Hi my Dexi just got her shots and can be around other dogs.. We would love to meet! Are you available on the weekends?

• I am in NY… Orange County. Would love to meet other Basenji owners. Less than an hour from the TZ Bridge.

• We live just across the bear mountain bridge, we have a 3month old girl, would love to meet. Where in orange county do you live? How hold is your B?

• Hi Benti, my basenji is almost 5 months. Her name is Zoey. Do they allow dogs at Bear Mountian State Park? It would be nice to meet.

• I am not sure if they allow dogs that would be great. I love only 10 min from there.. Is zoey good off the leash? I don't trust Dexi yet.. How can we find out if they allow dogs. I would love to meet..

• I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you had responded. I thought I'd get an email. Zoey is definately NOT good off leash. It would be great to find a fenced area…I know there is a dog park (with a small dog area) near me, but I don't know how you feel about driving. (I've commuted for years, so I'm used to it). I could probably call Bear Mountian the park to see if they allow dogs. I'm working tomorrow, but I'll try to find out on Tuesday.

Also, there is some sort of an event in Woodstock, NY (beautiful town), sponsored by the Rip Van Winkle Basenji Club. I am totally new to all of this stuff, so I'm not sure what goes on there, but here is a link....I thought you might be interested. If I'm not working I may go just to check it out.

http://www.rvwbasenjiclub.org/June.24th.Match.html

Suggested Topics