If you were going to add another dog….

• I think puppyhood is the worst time to ask anyone if they would want another since puppies of any breed are just so much work. As much as I love puppies they are a lot of work and my household is most settled when we have only adults in the house. Before each new dog, I always think to myself I must be crazy wanting to turn my house upside down but in the end I am always glad I did.

• Definitely B's are first choice!! Boxer's would be up there if I couldn't have a B as well as Beauceron and Pharoah Hounds!

• me for any other dog. I have just added a Rescue female and my husband thinks I am nuts! lol

• Hmmm…I've always wanted a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Anybody with experience out there??

• I would love to have another B, we currently have our B Boy and a Terrier Mix girl. I have owned a toy poodle and he was such a sweetheart. I also had a Chow/Blue Healer mix that was a little monster. I wouldn't give that one a go again. My brother in law has a Great Dane and I would love to have one as well, he is just an amazing dog.

• Prior to basenjis I had a variety of dogs I had a cocker as child. When we first got married we had Tag the Springer Spaniel and Schotzie the Great Dane. Both wonderful dogs with really funny personalities. I've come to the conclusion that no matter what breed we owned - they would be unique characters.

I can't imagine life without basenjis (althought I've threatened my spouse that I could replace him easily with another Great Dane)

• @nala121498:

Hmmm…I've always wanted a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Anybody with experience out there??

OK, now here's where I jump in.

I currently share each day with an 11+ year old Basenji Boy(Peanut) and the most lovable 4+ year old Rhodesian Ridgeback(Tucker). Got them both as pups and they really compliment eachother and fill our home with joy. Peanut (my boy)is like everyone's Basenji-on his terms. Tucker (my wife's boy)only wants to be loved and fussed over 24/7, a sweeter soul there's never been.

I can't imagine a day without a Basenji to share it with and I'm looking to adopt a rescued B right now, but Ridgebacks are exactly the oposite of a B except the "Love people" part. Basenji's are my "companion of choice", but you can't go wrong with a Ridgeback either. Plus there's a whole bunch more to snuggle! 😃

• It would be another Basenji…but if that were not possible I guess it would have to be a Spaniel--either an English Springer Spaniel or an American Cocker Spaniel. I have had both breeds and do love them.

• Of course I'd get another B… okay, I already did! 🙂 But if I couldn't have another B... My favs are:

Great Dane
    Bulldog - in all their snorty, unhealthy ways

• I am DYING for another B! and one day . . . . . {crossing fingers}

But if I couldn't have that, I'd love another doberman – my first was SUCH a great dog.

• I would get a full blooded B as Cali is a Basenji mix. If I could not get another Basenji it would be a Cane Corso or German Shepherd.

• I would definitely get another B, but also not a puppy! Rumor is 12 weeks now and I feel about 100!!!! But she makes me laugh no matter what!

• I'd like to get a German Shepherd or Rottweller…
    I can't now, coz my mom don't let me get a large dog...
    In my future I want to have 5 dogs!!!

• Just saw this post, and thought it was neat….

I would want another B. If I can't have another B, I think I'd want a Bulldog. There is a Bulldog in our complex that, once Jack got to know him, they love each other sooo much. As soon as they see each other they start pulling on their leashes to come and visit.

• I got my second B last year, and don't foresee getting another dog for long, long time. These push dh – though he loves them very much -- to the edge, LOL.

BUT, if I did get another, I'd want another B, if it couldn't be a B, I'd still want a doberman!

• Uhm, well i have 3 basenjis and a malinois. the mali is a fun dog, and it's nice to have a dog that you can take off lead. if i couldn't have basenjis, i'd think about a cirneco or some sort of terrier - maybe an irish. i'd love a chart polski. and if i had a maid, i'd get a samoyed.

• If we were to add another dog…..which I don't think DH, Cory, or Jayden would tolerate.....it would be another basenji, a boxer or an ibizan hound.

Pat

• Oh- the other dog I like is the Puli. Maybe I'd get one of those!

• @Robin_n_Jack:

Oh- the other dog I like is the Puli. Maybe I'd get one of those!

Aren't their coats high maintenance? I don't have a clue, it just seems like there'd be a lot of work keeping that from being a huge mess.

Quite different from the B coat anyway!

• I don't think so- I had been reading about them as well when we got Jack….you don't brush the coat at all, you just twist the "locks" every once in while, from what I remember.....that was a long time ago. I think you also have to trim the hair around their eyes.....otherwise they can't see.

Suggested Topics