Skip to content

Over we go

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Where did that Basenji go?

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    18k Views
    snorky998S
    We need a new thread…..What I replaced because of my Basenji, and what it cost:) Kleenex and toilet paper need not be mentioned; everyone starts with an automatic $100.00 debit:D
  • Wanna go for a walk?

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    hdolbowH
    rocky LOVES going outside.. and he will NOT come to me to get his collar/leash on! lol he runs around like he wants me to chase him.
  • Rain Rain Go Away!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    9k Views
    JodieJ
    It's funny how Lillie refuses to go outside in the rain to do her business. Surprise yesterday when it was raining, she spotted the rottweiler who lives down the block. She ran outside on my deck to get a good view of him. Hmm, what's that all about?:) Thankfully, it has stopped raining (at least for awhile) so my husband and son just took Lillie out for a long, long walk. She is so funny! Jodie:)
  • If you were going to add another dog….

    Basenji Talk
    64
    0 Votes
    64 Posts
    39k Views
    K
    Hi there. At the moment I have a little girl. I'm considering getting her a brother or sister. There's no doubt I would go for another Basenji. Problem is, I don't want a new dog to teach her bad habits. My girl doesn' t know she can jump the back fence. She doesn't dig holes in the back lawn, only in the garden beds, which I 'm pretty sure she's running out of room to bury her treats. And she can be pretty smart when she wants to. Do I risk bringing a puppy into the family and my girl picking up bad puppy habits?
  • Going to the dog park

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    G
    My girl Lacie, does the exact same thing when we goto the dog park. My boy Ozzie will go explore a little bit and watch the other dogs play but not really get involved and he will always come back to me after a minute or two. We have only gone a couple of times but one time he finally got the urge to put him self out there and do his little sumo move and crouch down to play with this one dog, but sadly that dog wasn't interested.
  • Dog Food To Go

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    J
    My Hollie girl eats from the bowl sometimes and sometimes she takes a few minutes to another room. She constantly "hides" her dogfood, in corners, under a doormat, under my bed pillows, etc. I don't know if this is something that all basenjis do, or if it is because she had been a stray when I adopted her. Either way, she is certainly entertaining.