Skip to content

What do B's do when its -38 C out??

Basenji Talk
  • Great pictures.

    :( Krunzer, as the aunt of a niece with Downs Syndome, who has served on coalitions for and MHMR boards, I do want to say the use of "retarded" as a slur is really offensive. I cringe over that use as much as I do the "that's gay" comments, or "Jew down on the price" etc. It's just hurtful. And btw, not singling you out and I have also used words common (like gyped and Indian giver) before I really thought about the connection. Just wanted to share my response, not meant as any type of insult to you personally.

  • @DebraDownSouth:

    Great pictures.

    :( Krunzer, as the aunt of a niece with Downs Syndome, who has served on coalitions for and MHMR boards, I do want to say the use of "retarded" as a slur is really offensive. I cringe over that use as much as I do the "that's gay" comments, or "Jew down on the price" etc. It's just hurtful. And btw, not singling you out and I have also used words common (like gyped and Indian giver) before I really thought about the connection. Just wanted to share my response, not meant as any type of insult to you personally.

    I am sorry I guess I just did not think when I was writing it. Thank you for pointing it out and I will try to be more courteous in the future. Sometimes things just come out of my mouth(or typing) and I don't think of the connotations first, I really need to try to be more diplomatic on here and in every day life! :)

Suggested Topics

  • It's raining.. it's pouring.. my lovely morning.

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Lol, they are major heat slugs when it cold/wet aren't they!?
  • So are these Af's different than our domestic B's?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    Jayden is super gross when it comes to what he'll eat: poop, vomit, and, if he pees on the patio, he'll lick that. Honest!!! We feed him and we feed him very well! Yucccchhhhh! Pat
  • B's and Cold…

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    22k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    Mine want to sleep on long, rainy days…..like today. Once they have their first potty of the day and realize it's a downpour day, their whole demeanor changes, and it's a slow-moving, sleepy day all day.
  • 2 B's are we nuts?

    Basenji Talk
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    14k Views
    MantisM
    Does he know sit or down? If not, should teach him… and then when your daughter comes out of her room, she should immediately have him sit.. (would help at first if she has treats for him)... then she can reward him for doing a behavior that is acceptable... I was thinking the same thing. This is how I got caesar to stop jumping up on people at the door when he would try to greet them.
  • The birds and the B's

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    Love your story and love your title, too!!
  • B's cleaning others

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    10k Views
    MantisM
    Until last night which THIS IS REALLY GROSS….. Cairo expressed his anal glands as he relaxed on the couch. Ceasar began licking his bottom to clean him.....I mean, GROSS.... I suppose we have a visit due to the anal gland fairy.... And I was getting my bath right before that!! thank god it wasnt after:eek: