Skip to content

Red bump on the nose

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Red Splotches on Tummy

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Buddys PalB
    does he lay in the grass? ant bites or sensitivity to the grass on the skin, ever sit on the grass yourself and get those funny red spots and or indentions? maybe the same thing or him laying on a rug that has been cleaned with something he may be allergic to? If they do not clear up in a day or two or get worse; definitely see a Vet!
  • Tiny bumps all over his coat

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    D
    Thanks so much for the feedback. We haven't changed his diet but he eats just about anything he finds in the yard. I'll call the vet and see what they say.
  • Runny nose?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    could be anything from allergies to something in the nasal cavity. Best to check it out.
  • Blotchie noses…

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    11k Views
    AndrewA
    @curlytails: Interesting. Does anyone know why winter nose happens? I don't think it gets wintery enough where I'm at to observe any difference… I wonder if its similar to human skin color & in the winter they just have less exposure to the sun & their nose lightens like we become more pale in the winter?
  • Lenny has a bump on his side

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    DukeD
    How's Lenny's bump - did it go away? A few days after this post, I felt one on Daisy's left side on her rib cage. I thought it was wierd, but then last week, my husband said to feel the same area. It was a scab. I think she got bite by something. You know - summer bugs… Hoping Lenny's bump is gone now and he's feeling great...
  • Sunburned Nose?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    VanessaV
    I prefer a stick since it will dry much faster. Using a lotion or cream allows your dog to lick it right off which defeats the purpose. Make sure its water proof. A small amount will not harm your dog. I've checked with my vet and others and they all agree. My boy has a section on his nose which is a light pink. Anytime he goes into the sun it turns a bright red. I know its got to be painful. The sunblock has really helped.