• Isn't that the truth Patty… it works till it doesn't!

• Our two Goldens respected an invisible fence, but the Basenji– not so much. Sometimes, they don't even respect the visible ones. 🙂 We installed a picket fence at our last house, and I decided I wanted those pretty scallops. Our B-girl quickly found she could get a little momentum going and clear the center dip in our 4' fence. Now I have a 6' shadowbox, and that's done the trick.

• I think any dog can "work" to get out of any fence, but barrier fences take longer for them to do so. It also keeps out other "critters". Hope your companion comes around.

• I wanted to thank everybody for their input. At first, I was extremely disappointed. Part of me was hoping for even one or two positive experiences to make myself feel better about my only option. However, I think the overwhelmingly negative opinions worked in my favor. The boyfriend is coming around… last night we discussed options. He said, "We can have a fence, but you're not going to like what I want." I said "As long as it is a basenji proof physical barrier, I don't care if you put brown and pink lacquered (suggestively shaped boards) all around our yard!"
    So it will still be another year before I save up the money, at least, but I wore him down much more quickly than I had hoped!!! Thank you all so much for your help!

• @Andrew:

"As long as it is a basenji proof physical barrier, I don't care if you put brown and pink lacquered (suggestively shaped boards) all around our yard!"

Oh, we will DEFINATELY need pics of that!

• My thought was, it will sure make giving directions to your house easier.

• Ha! yes to the above two posts!

• Love this idea…

• You could do something "small" right now, and then expend it as the $$ comes in.

• @sharronhurlbut:

You could do something "small" right now, and then expend it as the $$ comes in.

This post after the "suggestively shaped boards" post?
    I'm afraid to even post what popped into my mind.

• Giggle, I have been married for 30 yrs. So wouldn't know what you were thinking..wink!

• You are all a riot hahaha.
    I knew my comment would be appreciated here. I'm just happy he gave in, because I wasn't sure I could keep him if he wouldn't let me have a fence 😉

Suggested Topics