(RANT) Worst day as basenji owner…. So far

• @DebraDownSouth:

First, the human. Please get your GF to go to the doctor (please G-d tell me both dogs up on rabies!) and get started on antibiotics. Puncture wounds infect fast on dogs and humans.

Then get the dogs in for the vet to flush out any punctures and also put on meds.

Then, get another crate so they are really separated and this doesn't happen again. You risk creating cage aggression by having them with only a divider. I never let even cages touch. I have put plexiglass between when had company and had to push close.

Very good advice!

• First Basenji's

oh dear….....what a day youve had lol. sorry for laughing but the way you have written your "story well who wouldnt laugh. Never happened to me and my boy...BUT, never say never eh....you have made my evening !:p:p:p

• First Basenji's

oh my goodness .what a night, cant help laughing thothe way you have written thestory` welllllll. you have made my evening…

• All I could do was laugh… it really sounds funny to the fly on the wall.
    Preventable by... a second crate.
    The princess does NOT need to be bothered by an annoying boy when she is sleeping 🙂

• Oh dear, poor you. I hope they've settled down ok now.

• Houston

First of all yes afterwards it is funny for those of u who read… Those who took it too seriously... No I don't believe in rabies shots or vets, it's like voodoo magic it's not right... It funny now, But it wasn't at the time believe u me... But all is well with our dumb boy and the pretty pretty princess

• Hope you are joking about rabies shots and vets. And no one took it "too seriously" unless you made up things and no dogs or people actually got any bites.

• @BaNHANerZzz:

First of all yes afterwards it is funny for those of u who read… Those who took it too seriously... No I don't believe in rabies shots or vets, it's like voodoo magic it's not right... It funny now, But it wasn't at the time believe u me... But all is well with our dumb boy and the pretty pretty princess

Tell me you are not serious about not believing in rabies shots or vets! You and your pups are in serious jeaopardy without either! Story was funnily written, but it must have been an awful night for you, your gf and the dogs.

• I hate to tell you that if you do not believe in rabies shots and do not give them you are actually violating a law. In pretty much all states rabies vaccinations are required by law and you can get in trouble if for any reason your dog bites, is reported, and turns out not to have been vaccinated.

I do hope you are joking…

• Houston

He is completely joking about the rabies and vet. Both my babies had their rabies shot and up to dye on shots. My arm is fine now I have been taking care of it. Thank ya for your concerns. Everything he wrote did happen he was just being silly with the whole voodoo magic.

Suggested Topics