Skip to content

Looking for Basenji for family

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    A
    @helle-devi said in Looking for a Basenji puppy to join the family in Los Angeles!: Denise Searcy @ Starfyre Basenji in Nuevo, CA Great! I'll PM you now. I saw the South Coast Basenji page as well and love how active the community is. I'm happy to see there are events and should I get a puppy this season, that there various meetups so I can make sure he/she can socialize well into and through adulthood. Thank you!
  • Looking for a Basenji to join our family

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    @venserro - Please be sure to check out pedigrees and also health testing, you should always check that out for yourself... I always refer anyone interested in Basenjis, including my own breed to Ofa.org to review DNA testing... you can look for responsible breeders at www.basenji.org and you would be better looking at the Pacific Northwest...pleaseask for references and for sure health testing. +
  • Should I look for basenjis in Russia?

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ZandeZ
    I would never sell a Basenji puppy as a potential Christmas Present ! (and I don't know any responsibile breeders who would either) Presents often get the wrapping torn off and are then discarded - how about waiting until after the festive season when things have calmed down and you have time to cope with the exigencies of a new puppy ? Tanza's idea of giving a photo might work but a live puppy under foot on Christmas Day, among all the relatives and parcels - No.
  • 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    A
    @giza1 thank you, will check them out.
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    ZandeZ
    Research isn't over until you've read my Put-Off and the other articles about life with a Basenji while not doing the Breed a disservice ! Details are in the signature block - and talk to Bushwacker. She takes care of temperament and quality !
  • Looking for a basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    18k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    My gut feeling is if you can't find a dog who is utterly good with cats already, your best and safest bet is a puppy. I suggest you get on a couple of breeder's list and wait for the perfect pup for your house.