Skip to content

Vacation? definitely a leave of absence

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • basenji leaving alone?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    ZandeZ
    As I have said before, I work on the principle that I am bigger than they are and it is MY house. Make a tremendous song and dance about unimportant misdeamours and pretend to ignore the serious infringements. Then when the pack wants to punish me they do something which they know will get them the most attention - screaming and tears from me. But a bored Basenji will tend to destruction if there is nothing else to do. It needs plenty to hold its interest. Toys, bones, a companion.
  • Taking our Old Man on vacation

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    Buddys PalB
    sounds like a great experience for all! don't ya just love it when they surprise you with such good reactions around new things?
  • What Biko did on our China vacation

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    My Arnie destuffs items and that is why he now has fluff inside his crate which is used as his bedding! Jennifer
  • Need to leave my 11 y.o. B-girl for XMas

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I know people in Bucks county but not Chester area. Your time is getting short for boarding, so if it looks like that might be the only option, do it pretty quick. Glad to give you my old bucks county vet office who is superb but pet sitters in your area– I don't know of one. :(
  • Grieving basenji on vacation

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    gbroxonG
    @MaxBooBooBear: It sounds like she has a case of separation anxiety–not just grieving. I think there are several threads here on handling separation anxiety--which is a pretty difficult situation. I went through the same thing when I had to have Max's lifetime companion put to sleep. I got help from a veterinary behavioral specialist. I agree. She should be through the grieving process by now (5 months later), and it may have developed into SA. Sad to say, it's generally not easy to fix, but it can be done with a lot of time, patience and love. You might want to Google it and see if the symptoms fit her behavior patterns and how one can start on the road to alleviating it. Poor baby. Good luck.
  • Great places to Vacation with basenjis

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    annandaelA
    Umm I'll try to forget that place…has family in Brick.