Skip to content

What's going on here??

Off Topic
  • It must have been a Santa Squirrel, Dan :D

  • @thunderbird8588:

    It must have been a Santa Squirrel, Dan :D

    He didn't deliver any gifts and he didn't even pay 2 days rent either!:D:D:D

  • We had a dryer vent blocked by pinecones the squirrels were storing away for winter.
    The dryer repair guy said he had never seen anything like it.
    They are cute, but can really do some damage, if they get into the house/garage.

  • @nobarkus:

    He didn't deliver any gifts and he didn't even pay 2 days rent either!:D:D:D

    No wonder Buddy chased him then :D

  • Dan, good thing there were no hoses or electrical cords chewed up. Sharron is right, outside creatures that get trapped inside can wreak havoc due to feeling caged up.

    We have lots of squirrels that come to our yard to feed. However, since Kipawa has been running around the back, I notice the squirrel feeder needs less filling. Same with the bird feeder. So I guess we have a new company called "Kipawa Protection Services" working for us.

  • Never had a squirrel problem but I did discover 2 racoons in my laundry room this summer. Took the screen right off the window and came on in. Didn't turn out to be the little racoon love nest they hoped for!

  • @Lenora:

    Never had a squirrel problem but I did discover 2 racoons in my laundry room this summer. Took the screen right off the window and came on in. Didn't turn out to be the little racoon love nest they hoped for!

    I've had raccoons come in through the dog door into the laundry room.

    Back in 92 I had a new cat that I rescued off the street. Apparently he lived off birds and such. When I got home from work there were little finch flying around in my house. I couldn't figure out how they got in until I came home to a pile of feathers on the kitchen floor. I have a bird feeder outside and he was catching ones on the ground feeding and then bring them in through the dog door then they would escape out of his mouth in the house. :D Wonderful cat I had for 16 years!

  • I had a squirrel get into my basement a number of years ago. I borrowed a live trap from my neighbour, baited it, and took it down to the basement. Low and behold, there was the squirrel sleeping in a space between 2 window panes (one of the interior ones was broken). Thought, what the heck, held the trap up against the window, and the squirrel jumped right in! How easy was that?!
    Took the trap outside into the driveway where I had left the dogs tied to the gate. (My previous dogs, including my border collie X basenji who could bark quite loudly!) Opened the door "just" out of reach of the dogs - who swiftly reminded the squirrel that he should run the other way as fast as he could and never come back! :)

  • I am going to quietly leave this thread before I go into long tirade about squirrels, evil squirrels, diabolic rats with tails squirrels, destructive squirrels….................................

  • I keep Billy the Exterminator on speed dial just in case.

Suggested Topics

  • Going to National's with Wheat

    Off Topic
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    7k Views
    KipawaK
    Sharron, I know you have it in you! You and Miss Wheat will draw the most clapping, I am sure of it!
  • Where's AJ #20

    Off Topic
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    BARTB
    So, I guess I couldn't have seen you in my recent trip throught the city of flying pigs (for those unaware, there is one). Two hours of stop and go southbound, trying to get to the airport. I was in the backseat and looked at every truck on the off chance there might be an AJ sighting. Obviously, no luck, as you were a few time zones away :) Had I seen AJ, I might have jumped out of the car I was in and jumped into your truck for a couple of miles…just to say 'Hi'...that's how slow going it was. My advise, for north or southbound, take the by-pass...but what do I know? There were plenty of trucks willing to wade through the traffic.
  • Birthday's

    Off Topic
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    I don't know of any Rita Jean. Mine was born Christmas Day which makes it easy to remember.
  • Next Where's AJ…going?

    Off Topic
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    AJs HumanA
    I've been trying to do that…it's not as easy to reach the distinctive landmarks with a semi as with other vehicles, including RV's. All the really cool places have signs up that say "No Trucks" and it really bums me out. I understand, though, because there are so many truck drivers who just throw their trash where ever they want instead of find a garbage can. And they pee on the ground rather than expend the extra energy to walk 75 feet into the bathroom. Trucker areas reek to an eye-watering level in hot areas because of this. But I do try to find distinctive landmarks when I can...the little lake in Minnesota, the rock formation in Colorado, coastal trees in North Carolina.... I will try to find more landmarks I can access.
  • Glad I have my B's

    Off Topic
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    E
    @Natalplum: You both are in my thoughts. I hope your DH comes home safe and healthy. You will NEVER be lonely with your B's around. They are the best to call on for some love and comfort. Not to mention a lot of laughs! That's the best thing having a B brought into my life. I was so depressed, and then along came a B to make me laugh again. Worth their weight in gold, for sure….
  • This is not specific to Basenji's but…..

    Off Topic
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    S
    There is a special place in hell for folks who do this to animals. I totally believe that. I am sad for the dogs, but at least now the are being helped or put out of their pain. Sigh