Skip to content

The Modern Basenji Magazine

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    @ktiefen1 You would be correct!! Potty Training eventually came easy because ours is so treat motivated....lol. Basic obedience is a challenge for us......ahe is definitely her own girl....and please dont disturb her sleep. You could lose a limb. ::)))))
  • Basenji in Dog Fancy magazine January 2012 issue

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    Marie HeidebrechtM
    It's a very well-written article and I think it accurately describes the basenji's idiosyncrasies that we all know and love and that the average person would find frustrating. I think the take-home message for those who don't know basenjis is that they should educate themselves more before taking the "plunge". Personally, I was thrilled to see a b/w pictured. My only complaint is that the main cover dog wasn't a basenji!
  • The Modern Basenji - Worldwide

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    NemoN
    Okay I'm stupid. I should have searched better first. Lisa Stewart already posted. Oops.
  • Basenji Traits Your Basenji Doesn't Have…

    Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    34k Views
    M
    My Rue is pretty perfect. She is mixed with something (I don't know what) so she doesn't look like a real B… and she isn't interested in anything in our house (chewing wise), doesn't bolt out the door, and licks like CRAZY! She also doesn't really like to play with other dogs at the dog park, she just smells them, occasionally chases them, then comes back and lays down by me (EXERCISE DANG IT!). The only normal B behaviors that I see in her are the little noises that she makes (she makes a lot of them for different reasons) and her BAROOOOOOO (which is fitting because we named her Rue before we even knew she was a Basenji) and it seems like she is stubborn about sitting. It's like she is saying, "yeah I know you want me to sit, but first I'm gonna spin around in a circle. Then maybe I'll sit if I feel like it." Haha! She is a character!
  • The Basenji magazine

    Basenji Talk
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    23k Views
    I
    Just a quick reminder - you can get a free sample by emailing me at lisa@thebasenji.com - one per person please - AND - there's a new subscriber sale going on through The Basenji's Facebook page - 10% off your first year's subscription if you subscribe through the link there. Lisa
  • Does your Basenji…

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    12k Views
    Capt_Jack_our_BasenjiC
    OMG, TRUST me…its not only ur baby, Jack has some seporation anxiety, i mean, we rescued him so that may be why, but i Always feel so sad when we leave him, he runs to the window and crys when we leave, but i KNOW it wonly lasts until he cant see us anymore (driving away) my neighbor watched for me. but SOMETIMES he does get into things when we leave for too long. like the other day, when he ate my betta fish food...grr...