• super cute pup!

• Did you get your fanconi cheek swab test yet? Any results back, if you did??
    More photos please. He is very handsome.

• @Anubis's:

What a gorgeous boy! Ive never seen that much white either…and his tail doesnt look like it has any curl to it either. Looks too straight. Pups at that age usually have SOME curl starting to their tail. Are you sure he's full blood? Regardless, he's adorable 🙂

I believe this is a pup from Rose Marie Holt and an opps breeding from the dogs she brought back from Benin (or a village close by?). So they at this point are not AKC registered and if put up for admission into the AKC stud books would be considered breeding stock with no known parentage. There is a process developed by the Basenji Club of America for inclusion of imported stock to the AKC stud books and that can be found at www.basenji.org

• He's turned into a very handsome boy!

• As some of the other b's brought back were not put up they were not the quality the basenji breeders wanted, and I type this as I have one I doubt that RM dogs will be considered and approved. As she hasn't even tried to do this at this point speaks to the fact that they will probably not pass the clubs muster. imo. That being said, this boy is lovely, will make a fine pet, but you need to make sure of the health issues you might have in the future. DO the cheek swab, if she wont' sent it to you, YOU do it, we will send you the site. YOU want to keep this boy with you for many years, and if you know what is coming you can be prepaired.

• Houston

So adorable!!!

• @sharronhurlbut:

Did you get your fanconi cheek swab test yet? Any results back, if you did??
    More photos please. He is very handsome.

We were able to get ahold of the breeder. she came down for photos she said she needed for getting him registered, and she also did the fanconi swab test. I have not been able to get aholdof her again to find out The results yet though.

• @sharronhurlbut:

As some of the other b's brought back were not put up they were not the quality the basenji breeders wanted, and I type this as I have one I doubt that RM dogs will be considered and approved. As she hasn't even tried to do this at this point speaks to the fact that they will probably not pass the clubs muster. imo. That being said, this boy is lovely, will make a fine pet, but you need to make sure of the health issues you might have in the future. DO the cheek swab, if she wont' sent it to you, YOU do it, we will send you the site. YOU want to keep this boy with you for many years, and if you know what is coming you can be prepaired.

I think this is a pretty crappy assumption. In fact, do you realize how many people on here LOVED one of these pups when I posted pictures of them??
    You probably don't… but I do.
    Things happen in peoples lives that does not put the idea of registering the dogs first in their life. There is life other than dogs. Really, there is.
    Rose Marie has contracts on each of her puppies and had every intention of making sure each puppy was fanconi tested.

I haven't talked with RM about these puppies in particular, but by looking at Monty, I would make a big assumption that his sire is Ahmahr Nahr's Blue Chip, who has tested as Fanconi Clear. I believe the dam is Chere. Chere tested as Fanconi Carrier. Chere has a large loose tail curl when she is happy... when relaxed she allows it to hang down low. Chip has a large loose single tail curl.

Monty is a flashy boy... and boy can I see Chipper in him!

• Kathy, REALLY???
    YOU are one of the first folks to talk about fanconi testing. Why not now? I have NO issue of RMH selling Africa dogs. But saying they are basenjis without any testing , even knowing the sire of the OOPS makes me shake my head.
    You both can assume anything, but as there isn't any data, its wishful thinking imo.
    Why are you pushing these dogs so hard? Would you use them in your breeding program?

• Is it a proven fact that Chip is the sire? Or only guess work? Just because the pups might look like him doesn't make him the sire unless DNA was done?

Unless RMH does the DNA test, no one can say who the sire is. And all the more reason for Fanconi test to be done if the bitch is a Carrier. We have already seen test that show one thing and then the dog starts to spill. So, the DNA test gives a heads up, but still strip testing is necessary.

Suggested Topics