Skip to content

Xanders first leg of Rally Novice

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Canine first aid training

    Basenji Training
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    MacPackM
    Deb, that sounds like a great class, did you take it locally? I would be interested in taking that class!
  • New RN for Xander

    Basenji Training
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Congrats Xander and to you too..he looks smashing in his ribbon.
  • First lure course 2009

    Basenji Training
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    basiB
    @seko: The afghan won over Uku (b/w) and over Valhi (r/w) she got a fright at the begining at the hairy giant dog behind her, stopped for a bit then ran again really well untill the afghan decided to play with her and she couldn't finish properly; the afghan didn't even get disqualified for annoying my dog and got better note :mad: That doesn't sound very fair:mad:
  • Ask To Pet First…

    Basenji Training
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    12k Views
    wizardW
    I've run into similar situations with the kids in the neighborhood. When they saw me walking my previous beastie, they would come running. I always told the kids to stop and let my dog smell their hand so he could tell if they were good or bad ("oh I'm a good girl" :)) and the kids surprisingly obeyed. Now when they see me with EL D they remember and do the right thing. And sometimes I hear them telling their sibling or friend "let EL D smell you first".
  • Lets Talk About Leg Lifting

    Basenji Training
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    sekoS
    Ok, I understand! My male lifted is leg in the house the day he sired my female, I was quite surprised and upset :mad: , he was 4 years old! He did it for 2 years every now and then, especially when angry with my other male or during the females seasons! Then sure neutering would have been an answer! (but in France you are not allowed to compete in agility, racing or lure coursing with a neutered dog or spayed bitch then I won't do it!)
  • Obedience, Rally, and Agility

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    7k Views
    QuercusQ
    Thanks, Lisa :)